LegacyGT.com

N E one else getting bothered by ricers all the time?

I think poking my nose and messing with the stereo tells the ricer I couldn't care less :D

i totally agree. it jsut seems they are relentless and them my patience runs out so i take off which in no way discourages them from taking an hr to get to 100 and fly by me when im back doing 75 again. i just get rubbed the wrong way when people ride RIGHT next to me. trying to race or not it drives me crazy for some reason. i have just never had them be so agressive before so im like wtf? i was surprised to find out that the nicer the car you have the more they want to tell their friends they can beat it. i never looked at it that way.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Some meatball in his mom's Lexus sport ute (of all things!) raced me yesterday. I was just driving my usual self and this punk was going balls-to-the-wall to fly by me at any chance. Of course I taught him a quick 5 second lesson (and then slow back down to a legal speed) but he JUST HAD to pass me about 5 seconds after that doing what must have been Mach1. I got up beside his window way down the road at the next red light and laughed hard and told him his mom has a reeeaaaaaaally fast SUV- and he must be very proud. He put his head back on the headrest, closed his eyes and wouldn't even look at me.

Stupid kid.

It's a shame that all I ever attract are the lead-foot meats in their moms' cars.

Just a little off topic. I've owned my LGT for about a month now. Prior to buying this car, I hadn't been pulled over in about 10 years. I used to drive a Mits Montero Sport. When not in traffic, I almost always drove about 80 MPH. So the second day I have my LGT, I leave work at about 4 in the morning and am doing 80 when I get pulled over by a chippy (CHP). I go 10 years, nothing. Then THE SECOND DAY with the new car, and I get stopped. Not that I didn't deserve it. Fortunately, I was able to slide out of the stop without a ticket ;) . Maybe the LGT just draws attention.

Not really. If anything i have pretty much become invisible to most of them. I used to get it alot and it was EXTREMELY annoying. Its partially the reason i moved to the LGT fm this car. Very small part of the reason... :(

!!! You used to have an R32?? That's one of my (many) dream cars!

-ben

Yup..had one. Had to sell it when i left Japan. I almost cried....almost. It was totally stock and i had no urge to do anything to it. I bought it for $4000US fm a guy that was transferring out. At the time i couldnt afford to bring it to the US and have it federalized. It would have cost me 4x the price i paid just to get it federalized not including shipping. Gods i miss that car...

PS...That whole 276hp "gentlemen's" agreement was ridiculous. That engine put out at least 300+ hp easy...

On my way home yesterday I got set upon by a 2005 V6 accord, AND a V6 Maxima (2004 or 5 ish).. both silver (my LGT was black). we come up to a light, the accord next to me, and the maxima behind... the guy in the accord was probably about 23, and kept rolling forward and looking over... long light so I decided to do a full launch.... Light changes, and I was across the intersection before the accord could finish fighting his torque-steer. Got a nice chirp out of my RE92's :p

I get up to about 80- many car lengths ahead, and back off, the road narrows to 1 lane about a mile after the light and I made sure I made it in just ahead of the other two... then got back up to 80 through the long winding curves (they had to slow WAY down to keep their slushy rides out of the ditch).

It was the best part of my day. :) I know its nothing to brag about as all 3 cars were mostly stock... but it was very nice to know that my 'stock' car can eat 85% of what is out there. Can't wait to do an access port, springs and maybe exhaust/uppipe at the end of the year...:eek: then I will have REAL power.

Not really. If anything i have pretty much become invisible to most of them. I used to get it alot and it was EXTREMELY annoying. Its partially the reason i moved to the LGT fm this car. Very small part of the reason... :(

Why do I almost universally hear that this "revving" is "extremely annoying". Simply ignore, and do not taunt or race them.

So often in car forums, I hear people say that a ricer tried to rev on them, they got annoyed and blew the doors off the ricer. Perhaps another ricer spotted you blowing away the ricer. Later that ricer will also challenge you for his chance at top spot. see a pattern?

Depending on mood, I might actually enjoy someone revving next to me. If the conditions are correct, and I'm in a good mood, I might even goose the throttle a bit, and give a thumbs up.

I guess the only annoyance in those situations is when the other driver gives me a hard (Vin Diesel wannabe) look.

I have to say that I own an STI (04) and a LGT (05) and I get some kid in a riced out civic or integra pulling up along side of me on the highway everytime I am in the STI. Now I realize that this car screams for the attention and thus gets it, and for that reason I am looking into trading the factory big-wing rear deck lid for an 04 rear deck lid without a spoiler. Until then I just drive the LGT when I want a nice drive without some 17 year old idiot wanting to hot rod in a car that can't nearly keep up and will more likely kill himself or someone else rather than realize he is way out of his league and back off. I also happen to get a lot of fools in Mustang GT new and old that for some reason want to race a 4 door Subaru Legacy... can anyone explain that one? Nonetheless, the LGT certainly gets much less attention from ricers, but it does seem that the Beemer and Audi crowd seem to know what that Subie has under the hood. However, you typically just get a nod of recognition from them rather than a rev of the motor and a full on race down the highway at 80mph in bumper to bumper traffic during rush hour. But I still don't think I will ever own another car than a Subaru... unless I come into some crazy money at which time you will be seeing me in the Ferrari forums... do they have those?!?!?!?

Archived