LegacyGT.com

I'm a Vendor Now! Installs, Repairs, Mods - I make house calls

m sprank

No. Just 6MT's. Sorry for the confusion.

Dave, your car still DOA? No dealer help? I have that passenger side solenoid on the table still. Working on J's wagon today, but might be able to help some this evening. Booked tomorrow too.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK. Just got home. Tomorrow is a brake job, so should not be a big deal. Shoot me a text in the morning with time you will be around. I can leave early and come out to you to check out the air pump system issue.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No. IE does not want new auto shops. Permitting is a nightmare currently. Same thing in a few towns in San Diego as well. We hit walls in San Marcos, Temecula and Murrieta. Escondido seems much happier to allow a new shop to open. So, we took a bldg at the 15/78 merge.

This way we are in between. All the military customers can still get to us easily. South San Diego can use the 15 to visit. Same for the IE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So i have symptoms of oil leakage. I have not pinpoint where exact it's from but i really hope it's not the head gasket. Here's what i've found on the web tho:

Phase 2 engines:

* Phase 2 engines are SOHC (Single Overhead Cam), were used from 1999 or 2000 to present depending on model, and typically experience an "external" head gasket leakage if it happens. This problem, while pretty widespread, does not seem to be as damaging in nature to the engine. It has been acknowledged by Subaru in the form of a "Service Campaign" #WWP-99 which applies to certain '99 to '02 cars. It involves adding a "Coolant Conditioner" to the coolant and if this is done the owner's head gaskets are covered against external coolant leaks for 8 years or 100K miles.

Common symptoms:

"Sweet" smell after operating engine and then stopping.

External fluid leakage (green) visible on engine or below car.

Slowly dropping coolant level due to leakage.

http://users.sisna.com/ignatius/subaru/headgasket.html

what is "Coolant Conditioner"? and what signs should i look for to pinpoint the source? Although the oil on my garage floor is green just like the coolant...

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Coolant conditioner is a small blue bottle that you add with the coolant. We add this with every coolant change on Subies. Cost for a bottle is under $5.

Green is coolant, not oil. But could be leaking from similar locations. Chances are you have a leaking hose, water pump, t-stat, something of that nature. Coolant could be coming from a head gasket. But normally this is the sign of something more than a bad gasket.

Supposedly your motor has no issues like the older motors. Should be able to find the "source" of the leak with a flash light.

Check your coolant tube that runs under the intake manifold for seepage as well. If you detect it, get it into Mike so it can be repaired. It's not something you want to attempt yourself.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived