LegacyGT.com

5th gen 1/4 mile time

Fati LGT

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the car mags... expect 14.1-14.3 stock.

Someone on this forum got 13.3+ to 13.4+ in three track passes with just a Stage 1 mod. Don't know if the machine was dyno tuned or not.

Good luck and keep us posted. ;)

From the car mags... expect 14.1-14.3 stock.

Someone on this forum got 13.3+ to 13.4+ in three track passes with just a Stage 1 mod. Don't know if the machine was dyno tuned or not.

Good luck and keep us posted. ;)

If your thinking me, it was not dynoed. :-) Good luck and have fun at the track!

I ran my car stock today @ English Town .. I got 14.6 in 88 degree weather, i just gotta learn how to launch the car i was launched at 5x1000 i got a 14.8 then i tried 6x1000 i got 14.6 with a lil wheel spin next time Im gonna try 5.5

R/T ...1.784

60' ...2.115

330 ...6.127

1/8 ... 9.443

MPH...74.32

1/4 ... 14.612

MPH ... 94.07

Outstanding effort though for your first time. Go back when it isn't a billion degrees and I am sure you'll be scraping at around 13.9

Definitely agree you want to launch it a bit lower -- you might want to slip the clutch a bit to get the absolute best time. Your 60' suggests the car was bogging for one reason or another, be it heat or suddenly loading up the engine when dropping the clutch. Other than that, 94mph ain't bad for that amount of heat. Looks like you were shifting at the right times and keeping it from venturing too close to the limiter. These turbos seem absolutely worthless for the last 1k RPMs.

funny thing is the H6 3.6l motor WILL NOT rev past 4000 when in neutral.

good luck on your times mate.

My old 1969 Plymouth Fury III with a 440cu / 727auto + 3.55 gears is getting 13.86 with 1.85 60' times.

Work on your staging and reaction times, its cheap speed when you can cut a tight 0.0xx light, its hard in a manual car though.

I ran my car stock today @ English Town .. I got 14.6 in 88 degree weather, i just gotta learn how to launch the car i was launched at 5x1000 i got a 14.8 then i tried 6x1000 i got 14.6 with a lil wheel spin next time Im gonna try 5.5

R/T ...1.784

60' ...2.115

330 ...6.127

1/8 ... 9.443

MPH...74.32

1/4 ... 14.612

MPH ... 94.07

just imagine how much better it will be when your 60' is around 1.6 or 1.7

R/T ...1.784

60' ...2.115

330 ...6.127

1/8 ... 9.443

MPH...74.32

1/4 ... 14.612

MPH ... 94.07

Definitely slip the clutch a bit more and you will be good to go. I ran my car stage one at about that temp too. So I dont think the temp impacted it too much. Subarus love to have the clutch slipped on the launch. Just dont slip it too long. :spin:

Get that reaction time lower and you'll really bring your times down.

Pete

Um.

Your ET has absolutely nothing to do with the reaction time. The quarter mile timer doesn't start until the car leaves the beam.

Definitely slip the clutch a bit more and you will be good to go. I ran my car stage one at about that temp too. So I dont think the temp impacted it too much. Subarus love to have the clutch slipped on the launch. Just dont slip it too long. :spin:

The trap speed as awfully low -- that temperature wasn't helping the engine any. Missing 4-6mph somewhere, that is the likely culprit.

Um.

Your ET has absolutely nothing to do with the reaction time. The quarter mile timer doesn't start until the car leaves the beam.

UM..it has EVERYTHING to do with your time when racing, 'heads up' 'dial your own' etc. Why dont you wonder out to Las Vegas Motor Speedway and watch n learn some?

UM..it has EVERYTHING to do with your time when racing, 'heads up' 'dial your own' etc. Why dont you wonder out to Las Vegas Motor Speedway and watch n learn some?

No sir. You can hang around the starting line (after the green) until the sun starts to set, and you'll still turn the same time and speed as if you left precisely when the green filament began to warm up.

Reason: The ET clocks in your lane don't start until your front tire leaves the "Staged" beam.

Of course, you'll lose the race if you hang around. :)

However, Fati LGT would've still turned a 14.612 even with a perfect reaction time on that run.

You might want to lighten up a bit - and next time you're at the track, experiment a bit with when you leave the line so you can "watch n learn some", yourself.

Bruce

next time I go ill Prob be in stage 1 93 oct (hopefully) but anyways my run would of been better but, my gas tank was 3/4 full and 60% humidity so i was running low on boost, plus learning the track it was my 1st time ever doing this.

Sleeping of dee clutch Senor ... he is key!

5K on the lights...and go while sleeping dee clutch for one (or two) seconds... the gringo beside you, Senor, he will be in the loco weeds! ;)

Buenes Noches

Poncho

Edited by Geekqualizer

No sir. You can hang around the starting line (after the green) until the sun starts to set, and you'll still turn the same time and speed as if you left precisely when the green filament began to warm up.

Reason: The ET clocks in your lane don't start until your front tire leaves the "Staged" beam.

Of course, you'll lose the race if you hang around. :)

However, Fati LGT would've still turned a 14.612 even with a perfect reaction time on that run.

You might want to lighten up a bit - and next time you're at the track, experiment a bit with when you leave the line so you can "watch n learn some", yourself.

Bruce

Bruce pull ya head in...R E A D what I wrote...climb down off your Hi-Horse before ya fall and hurt yourself.

I have been racing for a number of years and race approx 30 times a year....you?...watched NHRA on Cable?

I was talking about racing, not time trials...B I G difference...still some learning needed I see.

Bruce pull ya head in...R E A D what I wrote...climb down off your Hi-Horse before ya fall and hurt yourself.

WOW! Off your meds today?

I have been racing for a number of years and race approx 30 times a year....you?...watched NHRA on Cable?

Lately, I only visit the strip maybe once a year, mostly to check out how a given vehicle may be running with more miles on the clock, or establish a baseline for a new one. I used to be more interested until I got into running on road courses. Over the years, a few hundred passes at various strips. I would say almost definitely less than a thousand passes, although I haven't kept a count, obviously. I started in 1963.

But, how is this in any way important? Drag racing particulars are available to anyone who cares to learn about them, regardless of actual track experience. On one of my earliest visits to a strip, I visited the tower and asked stupid questions about how it all worked, and they were glad to explain it all - in detail.

I was talking about racing, not time trials...B I G difference...still some learning needed I see.

There is no, repeat no, difference between time trials and actual racing, bracket or otherwise. The ET clock in your lane starts when your tire leaves the beam - not before.

I do in fact watch the NHRA cars on TV from time to time, and if you do as well, you'll see that on any given Sunday that you have been laboring under a misapprehension. It's routine for someone, sometime during the coverage to be late on the lights (and thus probably lose the race), but his or her ET will be right in line with their other passes.

Yeah, it matters in bracket racing and if you actually care to try and beat the guy that's next to you. But if you want to improve your et, getting a better reaction time will not do a damn thing. A 14.5 will be a 14.5 if you have a perfect reaction time or if you sit at the line for five seconds before you leave. Glad to see you felt the need to be a complete douche even though I'm not wrong in any way