LegacyGT.com

5th gen 1/4 mile time

Fati LGT

"There is no, repeat no, difference between time trials and actual racing, bracket or otherwise. The ET clock in your lane starts when your tire leaves the beam - not before."

Jeeezus!...I bet in all those years you STILL haven't won a race!!

Here's why?

Bruce:...Stages...2nd stage lights on (shallow)...Amber Amber Amber GREEN!..(pull out crossword as I have time to spare.....sound in the knowledge 'the trophy is mine!!!)....hmmm..whats that Offical screaming at me about???

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to mince words, guys. We are talking about what sort of 1/4 times and trap speeds the LGT can do. Those do not depend on reaction time one bit because we're not talking about beating the guy in the next lane. Hence the name of the thread, and hence it is not called "how to win a drag race at the strip".

The official is screaming at you because you're tying up the lane and there's money to be made with each run. He could not possibly care less otherwise for how long you sit there. Can we move on now?

Your ET has nothing to do with your reaction time is what he is trying to say, not whether or not you will win a race.

If Oz hasn't figured this out yet, I don't think he's gonna. I can't seem to find the ignore button.

Jeeezus!...I bet in all those years you STILL haven't won a race!!

Here's why?

Bruce:...Stages...2nd stage lights on (shallow)...Amber Amber Amber GREEN!..(pull out crossword as I have time to spare.....sound in the knowledge 'the trophy is mine!!!)....hmmm..whats that Offical screaming at me about???

What's with the nastiness?

So, you're saying that if you leave late you'll lose the race?

Wow. You get the Bronze Figligee with Oak Leaf Cluster award for stating the completely obvious. By the way, I've stated that in two previous posts in this string, so I get the award, as well.

The point is, even though you lose the race, the ET clock in your lane starts when your tire leaves the beam - not before, so even though you lost, your ET will not vary from what it would have been had you cut a perfect light.

What you have been saying, in effect, is that if Fati LGT had cut a perfect light on that run, he would've turned a 12.828 ET - which is clearly untrue.

I don't mind getting into pissing contests from time to time, but in this case, I believe there is a basic misunderstanding between us as to what we are actually discussing. Ease off a bit, won't you?

"Two separate performances are monitored for each run: elapsed time and speed. Upon leaving the staging beams, each vehicle activates an elapsed-time clock, which is stopped when that vehicle reaches the finish line. The start-to-finish clocking is the vehicle's elapsed time (e.t.), which serves to measure performance. Speed is measured in a 66-foot "speed trap" that ends at the finish line. Each lane is timed independently."

That should end the debate... taken directly from the NHRA website my friends. http://www.nhra.com/nhra101/basics.aspx

"Two separate performances are monitored for each run: elapsed time and speed. Upon leaving the staging beams, each vehicle activates an elapsed-time clock, which is stopped when that vehicle reaches the finish line. The start-to-finish clocking is the vehicle's elapsed time (e.t.), which serves to measure performance. Speed is measured in a 66-foot "speed trap" that ends at the finish line. Each lane is timed independently."

That should end the debate... taken directly from the NHRA website my friends. http://www.nhra.com/nhra101/basics.aspx

I think MY10_3.6L_Oz has taken the point, and I think it was an initial misunderstanding on his part.

• 11 months later...
Ibtl.

Reaction time refers to your reaction to the light tree, nothing to do with et time.

I hear ya but I should have qualified that:

My drag racing experience is strictly bracket racing. You sit at the light, you lose. The cars will almost certainly leave the tree at different times (unless they're dialed in exactly the same) but will cross the finish line very close. First one across wins. Slow reaction time equals a lost race. A bracket race starts when the light goes green and ends when you cross the line. Quickest time wins (unless you've dialed in a dishonest time). Therefore a poor reaction time equals a slower time.

Sorry about the confusion.

Pete

If you are racing it goes under motorsports.

If you are on the street it's not going at all. Racing on public streets is not going to fly here.

And here in Motorsports there is already a timeslip thread too.

453747.png

If you are racing it goes under motorsports.

If you are on the street it's not going at all. Racing on public streets is not going to fly here.

And here in Motorsports there is already a timeslip thread too.

453747.png

I hear ya but I should have qualified that:

My drag racing experience is strictly bracket racing. You sit at the light, you lose. The cars will almost certainly leave the tree at different times (unless they're dialed in exactly the same) but will cross the finish line very close. First one across wins. Slow reaction time equals a lost race. A bracket race starts when the light goes green and ends when you cross the line. Quickest time wins (unless you've dialed in a dishonest time). Therefore a poor reaction time equals a slower time.

Sorry about the confusion.

Pete

Again, reaction time has absolutely nothing to do with ET. What obviously changes is that, when you leave late, you arrive late, and lose the race. Your ET will be the same no matter when you leave the line, though.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Didn't wait for a tune, decided to give it another shot tonight

1st pass tonight

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/Rutch/CarPics/LGTdrag9-14-11_12-967.jpg

2nd pass...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/Rutch/CarPics/LGTdrag9-14-11_12-934.jpg

Yay 12's! :)