LegacyGT.com

**Official** Mid-Atlantic FS and WTB/WTT Thread!

LegacyGTBiggie

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"3/4 good" is good enough for me. I just need something I can put back on should I ever decide to trade up to a '15+ WRX.

I can probably meet up next weekend if that works for you.

TFH, it's possible that I have an endlink lying around somewhere--remind me to check if I don't shoot you a message in a couple of days.

Isn't a spec.b wheel the same as a GT wheel? 05/06 has no radio controls, but other than that an '07 spec wheel is the same...?

spec.b wheel was the only one with the radio controls I think, except maybe the LLBean models? . The 5EATs had the shift up or down buttons.

If you look at the wheel, the space for the stereo control pods is not there on the 05/06/07 steering wheels as you can see in this post:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4738388&postcount=17

Actually the 07 LGT OEM Steering was fatter than the Momo wheel as well.

Swap over an 08 wheel and airbag and it all works with a little wiring love!

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Have you actually done it? I thought the plug and wiring was different. Or was that what you means by Wiring love.?

Running the wires for the spec B wheel wasn't too bad. 4 wires, with inline crimps and it was done. probably took more time to find the screws to take everything apart than to run the lines.

• I Donated
spec.b wheel was the only one with the radio controls I think, except maybe the LLBean models? . The 5EATs had the shift up or down buttons.

If you look at the wheel, the space for the stereo control pods is not there on the 05/06/07 steering wheels as you can see in this post:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4738388&postcount=17

Actually the 07 LGT OEM Steering was fatter than the Momo wheel as well.

The Spec.B wheel is a 5EAT wheel with radio controls instead of shift buttons. Both the 5EAT and 5MT wheels are Momo wheels, and are identical save for the space for the buttons.

The Spec.B wheel is a 5EAT wheel with radio controls instead of shift buttons. Both the 5EAT and 5MT wheels are Momo wheels, and are identical save for the space for the buttons.

I don't have pictures of my old wheel but if I remember correctly the 07 5MT wheel was fatter than the 05 and 06 5MT momo wheel.

• I Donated
Which is different from the regular 5mt wheel.... We're talking about two different wheels! :-P

I have not seen a 2007 LGT 5MT wheel. But the only difference between the 05-06 LGT 5MT wheel and the 05-07 5EAT/06-07 Spec.B wheel is the space for the buttons. It's possible you're right that the 07 5MT wheel is different, but considering the fact that they redesigned all the wheels for 08, I find it hard to believe that they would develop a different part for just one year when there was nothing wrong with the existing part that needed updating.

Stranger things have happened, and I could be wrong, but I'm still skeptical.

I have not seen a 2007 LGT 5MT wheel. But the only difference between the 05-06 LGT 5MT wheel and the 05-07 5EAT/06-07 Spec.B wheel is the space for the buttons. It's possible you're right that the 07 5MT wheel is different, but considering the fact that they redesigned all the wheels for 08, I find it hard to believe that they would develop a different part for just one year when there was nothing wrong with the existing part that needed updating.

Stranger things have happened, and I could be wrong, but I'm still skeptical.

I agree with you, it's weird that they would have had a different part for one year but I'm inclined to believe that the 07 was a strange year for them. Yes, the 05-06 mt wheel is the same as the spec b and 5eat wheel except for the space for the buttons. The 07mt wheel was definitely thicker than the spec b wheel I have now. I don't think it even said momo on it but I don't remember exactly.

They all had slight variations in one way or another, the steering wheel on the 07s being the oddball. Just like on my 05, the front passenger seatbelt is attached to the actual seat vs the B pillar for the 06-09. On that note, anyone have an 05 BLACK LEATHER front passenger seat they would be willing to trade for an 06-09 black leather / sell? I feel weird driving around with a single cloth seat :spin:

• Moderators
Anyone have a Tactrix 2.0 cable for sale or willing to rent to me for the purposes of fixing a P2431 code :) Will buy it or pay you to let me use it and return once I load the map.

Come grab mine. You can borrow it.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Have you actually done it? I thought the plug and wiring was different. Or was that what you means by Wiring love.?

Running the wires for the spec B wheel wasn't too bad. 4 wires, with inline crimps and it was done. probably took more time to find the screws to take everything apart than to run the lines.

I have. I also had a 5eat so there was 3 more wires I had to add with installing the paddle shifters on my 06. Shift up, shift down, and shift common. Plugs are different. I used the 06 wheel clock spring and just made the wires do what I needed and made the difference in routing after the plug on on the steering column. Should have just bought a wheel like you were selling to make it easier. I just really liked the airbag shape and paddle shifters.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk