LegacyGT.com

**Official** Mid-Atlantic FS and WTB/WTT Thread!

LegacyGTBiggie

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm reading through the coolant change and coolant brands threads.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/coolant-change-90389.html

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/coolant-brands-46625.html

There's almost as much discussion about coolant as there is about oil :lol:

I'm just gonna go with the Genuine SOA unicorn juice coolant (SOA868V9210) and mix with distilled water.

Any green coolant will work. If you put Dexcool in, you'll have issues...

Oh God, I think I put prestone in mine--my car's gonna 'splode!

In for the part out thread.

^this. And unless you flush the block to remove the original don't get extended life. System gas to be completely clean or else you contaminate the good stuff and reduce the extended life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fairly confident it was determined that Subaru coolant is Peak Long life.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=835751&postcount=8

Edited by compsurge

• I Donated
Next question...is anybody free on Sunday, and feeling helpful? I've never replaced a radiator before, but I'm sure it's oldhat for most of you guys here. I can pay in cash and/or beer and/or food and/or sexual favors. :wub:

You got a garage to do the work in? If not, you can come use mine (and my tools, and I can help out as needed). I'm in Owings Mills, up by Reisterstown.

You got a garage to do the work in? If not, you can come use mine (and my tools, and I can help out as needed). I'm in Owings Mills, up by Reisterstown.

Thank you for the offer, but I think I'm all set. My mom lives up in northern Baltimore County, and we have some basic tools up there. I read a few walkthroughs and watched some youtube videos, and I've got everything I'll need. Also, I already made plans with my mom to grill out on Sunday and help her with some chores.

For some reason I had it in my head that it would be a difficult process, but I'm sure it'll be easy. I've done spark plugs on my own, and radiator looks like cake compared to that.

• 2 weeks later...

WTB: Stock boost control solenoid.

hey locals, does anyone with a 2008+ wrx or 2005+ lgt/obxt happen to have a stock boost control solenoid sitting around doing nothing, i would love to take it off of your hands as i think mine might be the cause of some problems.

thanks for checking and any offers you send me.

WTB: Stock boost control solenoid.

hey locals, does anyone with a 2008+ wrx or 2005+ lgt/obxt happen to have a stock boost control solenoid sitting around doing nothing, i would love to take it off of your hands as i think mine might be the cause of some problems.

thanks for checking and any offers you send me.

I have one for you. How does $20 shipped sound?

OEM swaybars from my '05 wagon are up for grabs if anyone needs a set. Get them out of my attic for FREE (well, I'll get them out - you take them home)!

Also, gauging interest on an IPR TMIC with no fitment issues and AVO throttle body hose. Reason for selling: I have been running the stock TMIC and this has been sitting in a box unused.

CNT downpipe will be coming off soon as well.

Edited by compsurge

• I Donated
I'm in Wilmington, DE. I think the sways have 3/4 good end links. I will check later.

"3/4 good" is good enough for me. I just need something I can put back on should I ever decide to trade up to a '15+ WRX.

I can probably meet up next weekend if that works for you.

• Moderators
I actually have a set of front endlinks. Would just need the rears if these don't come with them.

Gotcha. I just have a couple buckets around the garage with random odd and ends that I don't throw away. Always possible that there's an endlink or 7 in there :lol:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(