LegacyGT.com

Subaru Badge of Ownership

Stiffy

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to hold off a while on this one. Seems a little fishy. I can't find it linked through Subaru's official website, and badgeofownership.com is owned by DCI Marketing, not Subaru (a simple whois on subaru.com and badgeofownership.com will show the discrepancy).

I'm probably just being paranoid...but you can decide for yourself if you want to give out your info and VIN.

I'm probably just being paranoid...but you can decide for yourself if you want to give out your info and VIN.

I get where you're coming from and all, but it's just a VIN, it's not your social security or credit card number.

Man...my brother has finally cooled off on giving me crap about how driving a Subaru appeals to the rainbow coalition and now they have a badge you can get with a rainbow symbol. Not good. He will be again calling it the LeGAYcy.

I'm going to hold off a while on this one. Seems a little fishy. I can't find it linked through Subaru's official website, and badgeofownership.com is owned by DCI Marketing, not Subaru (a simple whois on subaru.com and badgeofownership.com will show the discrepancy).

Based on their company portfolio, they're the ones responsible for the Drive and Drive Performance magazines.

I wasn't worried about the VIN. I just don't like giving my contact info to marketing companies.

Be wary of people bareing gifts (double that for the internet). Besides the fact the the symbols for the most part are a tad bit lame.:cool:

Anyone from north of the 49th parallel try to get one of these?

Can not accept Canadian address :-(

Canadian Forester owners (on SubaruForester.org) with vehicles purchased Stateside had no problems with the VIN verification, and report that their Canadian mailing addresses were received by the system OK.....

But otherwise, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for our brothers across the border. :(

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I debadged my car for a reason.

If I can get a badge that says "This is my first and last Subaru because SOA sucks a big, fat cock" I'd gladly send away for one and stick it on my car.

lol you mad.

anyone put this on their car yet?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived