LegacyGT.com

Effect of 2010 LGT header vs "regular" header/UP on turbo

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very very informative thread and thanks to the FB guy for adding all the PDF documents!

I know it all makes sense but i still will miss the rumble of old :( On the other hand the N/A cars moved to the "closer the cat better emissions" layout in 2006. I figured this would happen to the F/i folks as well but never in this layout scheme.

That manifold is interesting T321SUS double walled at that smart idea

It seems that the Aftermarket may not need to step in this is the optimal design for the manifold but im sure people will want to run GT35's or big GT4088's at some point.

I have another question given the trend in internal changes and turbo placement and manifolds etc, when do you think they will make a new engine ??? Like a EJ28 or something :)

Does anyone know of a easy and cheap way to bolt a mechanical belt-driven oil pump in line with one of the accessory belts? My guess is no, but wanted to check. I don't want to replace the A/C compressor like the Cosworth dry sump pump does (it gets hot in Texas :lol:), but something along those lines of a pump retrofit would be appealing. It would have to be a pretty sturdy bracket to mount a pump properly, so my guess is it's not realistic to mess with that kind of metal work unless someone already knows that it can be done pretty easy.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I PM'd 3 moderators on behalf of Geoff @ Full Race who wants permission to post here, and none have responded.

Moderators, if you're out there, can he please post as long as he doesn't break any forum rules?

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

i pm'd 3 moderators on behalf of geoff @ full race who wants permission to post here, and none have responded.

Moderators, if you're out there, can he please post as long as he doesn't break any forum rules?

+1,000,000

I know, not worried just excited. I deleted my plead post because it was rude. My PM was at noon on the 28th... Just realized people take off the Friday too. One of the mods I PM'd has been posting through the weekend, another after I PM'd him... but if they're waiting for their superiors to respond or for the work week to resume then I completely understand.

Very excited for the potential here and don't mean to disrespect the holiday or the people who are taking the time off from their computers to be with family. I agree these are more important things. Looking forward to their return then.

It looks like (if I ever do this) I'll need to cut the oil pan in half vertically and unfortunately need to re-run the oil pickup tube since it crosses right where the header will need to go. Going to lose a lot of pan volume. Could make up for it by adding on a left and right-side chamber. So the pan could be wide side-to-side and skinny front-to-back. If one is to build it this way, then hard cornering could potentially be a problem. In that event, might be worth it to spring for an accusump, or just build the pan without the wing tanks and add the aforementioned remote oil tank. Any experience anyone can yield would be much appreciated.

I think you are crazy, but if FR wants to build you something, go nuts I say.

After all the R&D, if it works, you should get all your money back as this could be sold to all the STI/WRX guys.:)

I'm definitely crazy, according to some :) Why would I want to waste so much of my time and money when my current setup can do almost the same thing already :lol:

FR could build this and sell their own kits of it at a 1k pm per kit as far as I'm concerned, or stick with their own highly successful/proven kits, or do anything they want. But I personally have heard nothing of any planning from Geoff and have not had that discussion with him, and I have not asked him, and I have not even thought about it before now. I am not affiliated with FR. I would have my personal setup built locally as a fun Fall project or something later than that depending on work. I know a great TIG welder that I want to work with some more.

I enjoy the building a lot more than the driving anyways :hide:

If the concept of superior power delivery can be verified, then this would be really cool.

Very interesting thread. Whats the issue with Geoff at full race, because there not an approved vender?

Honestly we all know there is no issue with Geoff posting here, but he said he ran into issues with other forums when he got into lengthy discussions in the past, and he wants to properly make sure ahead of time to avoid that again. Nothing really wrong with that. I get the feeling he's a pretty professional person.

As long as he doesn't follow his posts with " and I can do that for $$$ if you call me at the shop at xxxxxxxxx" then there shouldn't be any issue with him posting about builds and what not.

What would you guys say if I told you I may have a 2010 stye turbo setup on my 05 in a week or two?

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

As long as he doesn't follow his posts with " and I can do that for $$$ if you call me at the shop at xxxxxxxxx" then there shouldn't be any issue with him posting about builds and what not.

That's what I told him.

What would you guys say if I told you I may have a 2010 stye turbo setup on my 05 in a week or two?

I say do it and post pics and logs :)

I'm probly gonna make the header myself. Gonna be a v-band and maybe external gate. Oil pan is on order. I should have some progess pics towards the end of next week.

Wonderful :) Are you planning on using the 2010 LGT oil pan and your stock oil pickup? Would be excellent if all that fits, would save a headache.

On a different note,

Geoff said he is on the road and will be responding once can. He knows not to break the forum rules and the moderators appear to not think this is a huge criminal ordeal in the making :lol:, so we can move ahead with that part of it :)

I'd say I'm going to cruise up to your shop and check it out, Mike. Start a thread on your build and take lots of pics.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Moderators responded!

"If no one has gotten back to you yet, we decided he can post as long as he doesn't advertise his business or pricing of any kind."

Stock turbo, or something a little bigger I hope.:cool:

Crap, I may almost start to have respect for you.:eek:

:lol:

If you pull it off and have something good, I may even send some money over.:)

Crap, I may almost start to have respect for you.:eek:

I think everyone will soon. mwiener's stock is going up fast. He is sharing space with The Boost Creep who is the best tuner in the state - and not just Subies/Evos and the like. He's got tools, skills, connections, and crazy ideas... could be fun! ;)

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I think everyone will soon. mwiener's stock is going up fast. He is sharing space with The Boost Creep who is the best tuner in the state - and not just Subies/Evos and the like. He's got tools, skills, connections, and crazy ideas... could be fun! ;)

I am all for it.

I just want to see logs, if the tuner doesn't want to show AFRs and timing, that is fine, but weight, IAT, elevation, and rpm and boost can tell a huge story.

I bought a Yaris today. outback will be going under the knife soon. I ordered the oil pan and new pick up tube today, should be in thursday. Only problem is that customers keep showing up. These dang customers keep getting int he way of my personal builds.

Probly won''t be till next week that I get the Outback in the air and start working. Keep an eye out for 5250 Performance posts.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived