LegacyGT.com

Effect of 2010 LGT header vs "regular" header/UP on turbo

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have dyno graphs on our dyno with my GT28 using full atmospheric correction. If I dyno after with full atmospheric then the two graphs would be fairly comparable.

ok that works awesome. Really just want to see spool characteristics with the different locations. Basically how much rpm sooner should this location spool the turbo.

And wow $4000+ to do this kind of work. Im sure if its a decent gain and you had more people put deposits down for some it would be cheaper as its already somewhat made?

I have one made, from scratch, to fit my outback. I doubt this would just bolt up to a completely stock car. I'm missing some plastic under the radiator from my FMIC so I'm not even sure what a stock car has anymore around there.

I've also spent at least 40 billable hours working on this so $4000 in labor is a steal. My wholesale parts cost on everything I'm gonna need to do this is in the $4000+ range also. This is not practical unless you are filthy rich or are doing it yourself.

I do not plan on producing any kind of kit for sale. If someone wants to come to my shop and have me do custom work, I am more than happy to work with them. But there will be no group buys or anything like that.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I wasnt saying you overcharge. Im sure that it has taken that many hours if not more to plan it out. This is definatly a one off system thats not for everyone.

Cant wait for results.

I didn't mean that to sound defensive... What I was getting at is that I probably won't be doing anything this complex for customers for a quite some time.

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae227/5250Performance/IMG_2783.jpg

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I would have my compressor side on driver side, and hot side on passenger side. Turbine outlet would follow the path of the UP location, over the frame rail/axle/tie rod, and follow the old DP path. 3" all the way. Perhaps 3.5", not sure, don't know much about sizing exhausts. But that's easy stuff to do either way, point is I only see that one way to easily run the exhaust post-turbo. Air filter and compressor inlet can really be run anywhere. driver side is fine. Lastly, I would flip the intake manifold. FMIC hot side on driver side, cold side on passenger side. All short runs this way. Make sense?

This whole time I was waiting to see your brilliant new idea for running the exhaust. Well still only one good way to do it then. Glad it worked!

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I'm gonna plumb the wastegate back into the exhaust and maybe get some of the "catback" section done tonight

edit: can't do the "catback", i'm out of 3" pipe. Might start on the charge piping instead

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

With your Outback, clearance to go under the crossmember should be fine with 3" unless you run up against a hardened snow pack, but for the LGT guys even if a 2.5i crossmember and sway bar is swapped over, the big pipe will still be the lowest point and therefore not a good idea IMO, based on my research. Opinion being the key. But yeah we see it the same way. Only difference is I would wrap it since it's still a source of heat, granted not nearly as bad as before.

*Wrote this with the generally interested observer in mind, not necessarily you mwiener since you already have your plans.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

No, the other way I was going to route the exhaust... under the crossmember

Who said anything about using a 3" round pipe to go under the crossmember

What other kind of pipe did you have in mind?

So I have been worried about my pipes being too close to the oil pan and the oil filter. Then I see this...

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae227/5250Performance/IMG_2791.jpg

If there are subies driving around with that many un-coated pipes in that close of proximity with no issues, I should be just fine.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

mwiener - i dont mean to be negative, please take this as constructive - looking at the photos of your manifold/turbo assy and WG tube area:

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae227/5250Performance/IMG_2788.jpg

the design, welds and material used are almost guaranteed to crack, if you need material that will hold up and be more forgiving to weld let me know

Archived