LegacyGT.com

Swaybar FAQ

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im not bashing your creativity or motivation in any way, but im going to guess that cutting and pounding a part of the car's body is going to compromise the structural integrity of the chassis

you will be gaining a better venue for more swaybar options, but at the same time causing a weak point that negates any bonus accrued by the larger bars

Your right but your wrong zues, go take a look under your car and check out the 3rd point for the trailer hitch. It is in no way a main point in the chassis of the car. From looking at it your trunk is no more than two sheets of metal hug in a basket shape and spot welded to the main sides of the frame.

That trailer hitch(bump stop what ever you wanna call it) is spot welded on to bottom the the trunk metal lining. From looks of it its been bent to its exact shape and welded on.

So short story long imo yes you are changing a chassis, is it a major point of the structure of our car, and is it really going to adversely affect your car in a considerable way no.

The pros of larger more available sway bars out weigh the cons here

but thats my .02

Different rear suspension setup. CO shocks instead of MacPherson struts, more like the 3rd and 4th Gen Legacys with a few more performance mods thrown in. Likely find that the 05-09 Legacy SB won't fit for the same reason.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Can we get a list of Kartboy Endlinks going or should that be in an another thread?

Since this is heavy on whiteline and most are pairing their whitelines with kb's - i say a list right here is best.

Front Endlinks:

2005+: KB-017-2008+Front Endlinks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Alright so after reading through this whole thing I get the swaybar different fitment options but as far as endlinks interchangability I don't see a specific fitment for 97 legacy/outback. Then where is everybody getting them, been to rallitek, kartboy, whiteline and none have it for 97 outback but then again I don't kno the interchangeability or if outback is the same as legacy sedan? So the obvio have them but under what application are you getting them under? Just came to a ahhhaaa moment...if all legacy FSB from 90-04 are the same that means the endlinks would be too correct? But then again is the 97 outback FSB same as 97 legacy sedan FSB?

• I Donated
There is no reason to bump up this thread. There is a suspension FAQ that is stickied at the top with ALL of this info in it. Please use that thread.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived