LegacyGT.com

Swaybar FAQ

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok.... I have a question on the swaybar for my 95 legacy.

I noticed a few weeks back that mine has broke. It appears that it became so twisted from my off-road driving abuse that it snapped.

The break is to the left of the right side anti-sway bushing.

My question-- can I weld it for a short term repair? I'm not in the position that I can afford to buy a replacement right now, and welding was a thought that I was curious about.

Thank you.

I bet you could find a used one for $10-15 around here, craigslist or a junk yard. They are pretty inexpensive to replace used. Sway bars see a lot of force and I think welding would only last a short time. Especially since you go off roading.

• 2 weeks later...

i should have posted this in here before, removed the lump and hammered in the spare tyre well as needed to clear my 22mm whiteline adjustable rsb

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/5323/34866458483401507563736.jpg

So I have a 2005 Outback that has a 15mm rear swaybar and it handles like crap.

Anyone know if 15 is stock? I bought the car as a rebuilt title and have found mix matched parts on it.

OK so I found that 15 is stock but boy does my car bounce around in the back.

Anyone put a Whiteline 20mm on the rear of a OB and like the handling difference?

• 1 month later...

it will, but it will also require some work. my whiteline bar is for an 02-03 wrx sedan, scroll up a bit to see what i had to do to make it fit :)

gershon, my stock rear sway was 15mm too and i had a good bit of motion going on back there but i can imagine yours is worse since your 06 weighs a good bit more. you will notice a big difference if you go to a 20 or 22mm bar

• 1 month later...

Archived