LegacyGT.com

Swaybar FAQ

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
heres where it came from:

C:\Users\*****\Documents\Swaybarthing.docx

Where it resided after you copied and pasted it from here into your word document, where it was posted by the author you internet plagiarized from, and then essentially dissed for asking you to give him credit for it. I'm surprised your didn't copy his other post found here on rear sway bars too. Nicely done marine.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

A nod would've been good...it's here for us to use, that's what counts. I gathered alot from the thread, but I'm sure I could've dug around and found that other one once it came time to pick up new sways and endlinks. Yeah, give the other guy some credit for it, but thanks for putting it in this forum and adding the fitment guide.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
i think that would be too much info all in one, the formating is all different too, this is more stating benifits and such while i have the suspension one set up like a Q&A with questions that pretty much every new guy asks.

• 1 month later...

Hello.

Have a 96 Legacy outback. Everything stock and original.

Almost 250,000 miles. I live in the mountains of Western NC and at

an elevation of about 5000 feet. We had over 70 inches of snow last

winter. I live almost 3 miles off of the pavement. Subaru gets plenty of

off road use. Would like to know a good sway bar/strut set up that would

handle well in the snow and give good road handling.

My struts, bushings, end links all need replacing. Should I go back stock? Bought at 40,000 miles. Body in great shape, considering harsh conditions.

Has been and still is a great automobile.

Hell, my first child was probably conceived in that car.

Since you have an outback the best would be kyb gr2's. All WRX and aftermarket springs will drop the car a bunch and it sounds like you want to stay away from that. If you want a lift forester stuff will work and give you a few inches of lift.

• 1 month later...

yupp all it is is cutting out the bump stop and hammering the spare tire well till it your able to fit the sway bar of your choice. pretty simple takes 20minutes of your time, a metal hammer, and somthing that can cut through the hollow metal thing and your all good. I have pictures of me installing sway bar, id say each sway bar is different as i first installed a 24mm whiteline and i had to readjust it a bit for my next 22mm and had to adjust it for my sti 21mm.

super simple plus wrx/sti sway bars are cheaper, waaay more common to find on any forums and a large variety of sizes to meet your needs.

the good thing is that you can still put a full size spare in your trunk! I had a 16 spare, your not extactly knocking in your spare tire well but your removing the bump stop that is a stock mounting point for the adding on the trailor attachment. So if your hauling somthing wit hthe stock subaru jack then your out of luck. I dont know if the uhaul ones as alot of them go for your rear tow hooks. You would only take a hammer and make the correct adjustments for the sway bar to fit.

im not bashing your creativity or motivation in any way, but im going to guess that cutting and pounding a part of the car's body is going to compromise the structural integrity of the chassis

you will be gaining a better venue for more swaybar options, but at the same time causing a weak point that negates any bonus accrued by the larger bars

Archived