LegacyGT.com

People with tsk3 kit. Where do you get your TOB for your next clutch job?

itsme

I was just wondering. When you buy the tsk3 kit that is not a standard TOB. So where do you get a replacement TOB the next time you change your clutch and how much is it? When I ask the guy on the phone at "Fred Bean" he said that's a good question and he did not know. My snout was messed up so I bought the kit and will worry about the TOB later. So everyone out there with the kit what are you going to do when you replace your clutch?
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Again, in the packaging with your TSK3 kit there should have been a sticker to put on your shock tower to let future owners/techs know that the car has been retrofitted with the snout upgrade. The sticker has the replacement part number for the bearing, TSK3-B, which is available from SubaruWRXParts.com/Exeter Subaru.

Since FBP is a distributor, they should be able to get the part as well.

have you checked their site for the part and price? I didn't see it. Let's say in 3 years the go out of business. Are we SOL?
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 2 weeks later...
Getting it for $25 online assumes that you know the dimensions, or a part number... do you?

I compared the stock TOB the the one the comes with the TSK and it looks like they just honed a stock TOB alittle bigger to fit over new sleeve. I think if I mic the TSK TOB I could modd stock TOB to fit. I think if I get a drill press I could do it. $80 is way too much for a TOB the next time you change your clutch.

• 6 years later...
  • 10 months later...
about to have my clutch replaced, i already have a TSK3 kit on there, just wanted to double-check that i need to order the new bearing from one of the links above right?

Yes, because I don't think the stock will fit.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...