LegacyGT.com

People with tsk3 kit. Where do you get your TOB for your next clutch job?

itsme

We are trying to find the actual manufacturer part #. PDM buys them and triples the price. 

The other release bearings PDM uses for their TSK1 & 2 kits are Toyota parts, but noone seems to know what the TSK3 kit bearing is. 

4 hours ago, rhino6303 said:

I posted some part numbers somewhere here. I think it is from a 1995 toyota celica or something. I'll look for it again.

My previous post states 86-89 Celica. SKF4087 is one such part. Here is a link to some cross reference numbers (scroll to the bottom).

https://www.finditparts.com/products/4290072/federal-mogul-national-seals-614147?s_s=N4087&sctx=eyJzIjoiTjQwODciLCJzb3VyY2UiOiJzZWFyY2hwYWdlIiwicHJvZHVjdF9pZCI6IjQyOTAwNzIiLCJyZXN1bHRfY291bnQiOjExLCJyZXN1bHRfaWR4Ijo1fQ==&ga_list=Search%20Results%20V3

Edited by rhino6303

• 2 months later...

Subbing on this one.

Due to actually get around to a SMFW swap + new clutch. Wanted to do the TSK kit as a preventative, but was deterred by the cost of the replacement bearings for a problem I don't have yet.

If this 'Yota part fits, and is available for a reasonable price, then I'm in.

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2023 at 12:37 PM, rhino6303 said:

Well, I just bought one to finally check. I don't have a sleeve but can get measurements for anyone when it shows up. I bought the 614147 part number for $12 shipped.

Long time but the bearing doesn't look like it will fit. It's smaller diameter than an oem bearing. I stopped searching. There are a few others that seem like they'd fit but I lost interest searching. Heck, I don't even use the tsk kit, lol.

I did a clutch replacement a few weeks ago. Had been running the TSK3 kit for the past 200K miles that I piled onto the old clutch (lots of highway driving, not a ton of shifting) and the PDM bearing lasted that long without issue, so I just decided to eat the cost and buy the bearing from smartqualityparts.

However, I see there are sleeve & bearing kits on Amazon now that I would guess are probably similarly/identically sized. If you search PDM TSK3, the first result is a ClutchMax branded sleeve & bearing kit for $40. If anyone wants to buy one of those and take measurements, I saved my old TSK3 bearing and we could compare. But off the top of my head, the main difference is just that the ID is about 2 mm larger to fit over the sleeve. An OEM style throwout bearing has a 33 mm ID whereas the TSK3 bearing is 35 mm (might be 34.9x mm). Aside from the measurements, bearing quality might be a bit of an unknown. That's the main reason I just ate the cost of a new PDM bearing. Known good, and I'm NOT doing this job again. But the PDM bearing is definitely on the exploitative end of the price spectrum, so I'm sure some intrepid individuals will guinea pig that ClutchMax bearing.

Edited by ScottFW
  • Like 1