LegacyGT.com

Subaru Drive Performance magazine - "Version 7.1"

Just got this in my e-mail inbox this past weekend.

http://www.driveperformance.subaru.com/version7_1/reverse.asp

^ Anyone here? :)

Specifically interested:

http://www.driveperformance.subaru.com/pics/shared/grey_arrows.gif MODIFICATIONS ON ERNEST PEREZ’S LEGACY

Under the Hood: 2.5-liter SOHC aluminum-alloy 16-valve horizontally opposed 4-cylinder SUBARU BOXER engine with i-Active Valve Lift System. SPT Intake Supercharger System, Hose Techniques Kit, SPT Oil Cap, SPT Battery Hold Down Clamp, K&N Air Filter, Aerospeed LED Blue Lights, Aerospeed Stainless Exhaust.

:confused:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ I'm trying to find it, with no success....which is why I posted it here, to see if that particular vehicle owner is a member here, as well as if the rest of my N/A cousins here had any ideas.

:confused:

I'm familiar with the AVO offering - the bolt-on turbocharger - as well as the fact that Cobb did prototype a supercharger for the H6 (Tribeca B9, back in '05), but I have never seen other mention of this SPT unit.

Then again, given my lack of knowledge on the N/A side of things, I just thought that it was my ignorance. :redface:

Which was why I posted! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Well when they say supercharger they probably mean like a super high flowing intake seeing as how that is a SPT unit I would imagine some adaptation of the SPT intake for our LGT cousins. If only the ECU definitions would surface tuning and thus custom Forced induction applications could be undertaken with ease

^ Dunno.

When I read "supercharger," I think supercharger. :)

Thinking this can't really be much for the price......but has anyone tried this thing out?

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Supercharger/Superchargers/Supercharger-Turbonator-Stage-2/548722/

Looks a bit dodgy....did a search on here but couldn't find anything...

Steve C.

2009 Legacy 2.5i Wagon

Touring Package

Satin White Pearl

must be a type or an overzealous member: Ain't no supercharger. Just an SPT intake.

Yeah my thoughts exactly its just a better intake but it cant be SPT and made fora 2.5i b/c SPT doesn't make and intake for the 2.5i they must have got the LGT SPT intake and adapted it to fit the 2.5i

^ The SPT intake ain't "better" - and I certainly hope that member didn't put an electronic supercharger onto the end of it, to further compound the error. :(

What I'd hoped for was that Subaru had developed a one-off supercharger at one point, kinda like Cobb's supercharged B9.

I wish there was an underhood shot of his car.

Rice IMO.

The 2.5i's greatest potential is the suspension since it's the same as the GT. The only suspension mod he has is a strut bar, which is basically useless. An 18x7 wheel isnt any wider than stock either...

Rice IMO.

The 2.5i's greatest potential is the suspension since it's the same as the GT. The only suspension mod he has is a strut bar, which is basically useless. An 18x7 wheel isnt any wider than stock either...

If I drove a 2.5i I'd make it a Canyon hauler too, just like my old Acura.

1.6 litres of VTEC fury (ie: no HP :lol:) but holy hell, did it leave everything in the dust on the way up and down from Whistler. Twisties are fun!

amazing.... look at the guy in the picture, dose it look like hes capable of installing or even knowing where to get a s/c installed at?? or even where to find one for a 2.5i? or even for that matter know enough about the car to custom fab one.. NO.. bottom line hes a moron, he thinks an intake IS a supercharger..

when his "ice" list is bigger than his "under the hood" list, i think that speaks for its self.. and who the hell includes factory design suspension systems in a mod list??? (see "stiff stuff" list)

sry.. i just hate ignorant "car guys"

great im sure this just shot us 2.5i guys down a couple notches in the respect area...

Now that you NA experts have weighed-in, and made sure that I wasn't missing something. :redface: :smile:

...so, here's my complaint.

We've got a whole bunch of NA members here whose rides not only knock the pants off that one in terms of ICE, but also in terms of actual performance enhancements.

WTF is Drive Performance doing, by featuring something that they should *know* is going to draw scorn from true Subaru lovers? :mad::(

There's literally dozens of NA BL/BPs here which would be more than justified to have a feature on those pages.

Thinking this can't really be much for the price......but has anyone tried this thing out?

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Supercharger/Superchargers/Supercharger-Turbonator-Stage-2/548722/

Looks a bit dodgy....did a search on here but couldn't find anything...

Yeah I saw one of these on a Honda. It was awesome. It made it so much louder!

Not any faster. Just louder.

Archived