LegacyGT.com

WARNING: 06 WRX lip on an 05 LGT inside!

spartan

Had to modify the under tray by cutting 4 notches so it wouldn't hit the screws used to screw on the lip. You could either cut the ends of the screw but I didn't have the tools: http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/iahtnoob/SL734368.jpg

anyone else do this to the underbody or did u guys just drill right in to it?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kay, I did mine today, it took me about three hours, I did not take my bumper off. Whenever I take body panels off for some reason snaps donw't work as well and they never fit right afterwards.

So, I got the cheapie by FedEx, I took it out of the box and held it up under the bumper. I figured out the parts I wanted to remove and brought it down to my shop and cut them off with a sawsall. Then, well, I used about thirty self tapping screws. There was a HUGE gap in the center but luckily the splitter came with a spacer for that area and with some modification it fills the area perfectly. Well not perfectly but you know, good enough. :)

It is SOLID and not going anywhere (until I hit a curb). I moved the license plate down to make the nose even lower looking.

The job was kind of a pain to do myself, I wish I had a bud to help as another pair of hands would have been great.

http://www.submiturpics.com/images/r0jfglqvz3ce7ekwp9w.jpg

Thanks for your opinion man.

It is staying. :)

It might help to hit the bolts for the old plate location with some body-colored touch up paint. They really disappear that way.

I'm all for a lower plate location. The stock location is ugly.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Kay, I did mine today, it took me about three hours, I did not take my bumper off. Whenever I take body panels off for some reason snaps donw't work as well and they never fit right afterwards.

So, I got the cheapie by FedEx, I took it out of the box and held it up under the bumper. I figured out the parts I wanted to remove and brought it down to my shop and cut them off with a sawsall. Then, well, I used about thirty self tapping screws. There was a HUGE gap in the center but luckily the splitter came with a spacer for that area and with some modification it fills the area perfectly. Well not perfectly but you know, good enough. :)

It is SOLID and not going anywhere (until I hit a curb). I moved the license plate down to make the nose even lower looking.

The job was kind of a pain to do myself, I wish I had a bud to help as another pair of hands would have been great.

I like how this lip doesnt protrude out too much. Can you link me to where you bought it from? tia

Bill Rapp FTW! Anyone try 04-05 lips yet? I think I found some 06-07 ones on ebay again though so I think i'm gonna do this really soon. Just not sure if I want to do this with stock wheels on or not. I feel like my stock 16" wheels wouldn't look good with a lip.

JUst finished installing my lip....3 Hours is just about right General. Came out great if I say so myself......Will post some pics when the lighting is right. Not bad for $69 shipped...

JUst finished installing my lip....3 Hours is just about right General. Came out great if I say so myself......Will post some pics when the lighting is right. Not bad for $69 shipped...

awesome, cant wait for the pics, my lip is coming tomorrow

did u remove the bumper for the install?

and did u have to drill or cut the underbody?

Archived