LegacyGT.com

Will this halfshaft work for 05 LGT?

RangerMan

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking in the DYI CV rebuild thread, Car Parts Discount came up as a vendor carrying cheap axles. They have 2 models with pictures and looking at both, the axles that we are talking about in this thread seem to be the non-GT ones.

Go here

http://www.carpartsdiscount.com/auto/parts

and look at both CV axles they have under 2006 Legacy.

Jim_KT and Fishbone I am very sorry about the situation with your axles. We do have the correct axles now.

What happened is originally we were selling EMPI axles (this is why Scooters fit) which are great because they have actually upgraded the OE design but we ran out of stock so we started selling other brands. It also turns out that for EMPI it doesn't make a difference turbo or non-turbo, but in other brands it does.

We should be getting the empi ones back in stock at the end of this month, but for now we are still selling the other axles but before shipping we are verifying the information with each customer to ensure they get the correct part. We are very sorry and if you need to order another axle or you problems have not been solved do not hesitate to call 800 209 9598

• 1 month later...

I just noticed my left inner boot is leaking grease. Just called Advance auto parts, my cost is $75.00 for a new one, not reman. I will say I get a good discount there with my account.

They'll have it in 45 minutes.

List was $116.25. part # 1700-206320 at Advance Auto Parts. No core charge.

I'll put it in tomorrow. Big storm coming soon, some guy named Earl.

If you have a Autopart International store, there p/n is 206320. I guess Advance got it from them.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just replaced my left front axle.

Only problem I had was getting the ball joint out of the LCA, I have AVO and Whiteline bushings, the arm didn't want to move down. I just about had to hang on it. I also have the AVO front lower brace.

I had to use a pipe on the breaker bar to break the 160ftlbs on the axle nut. I also used a cone shaped grinding bit to cut the bent over piece of the old nut.

I'd say it took about 1 hour 30 minutes. Getting the ball joint out we a nightmare, damn bushings. :)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got off the phone with MAC and now they're saying they don't show a part number for the Legacy GT.

Why don't you just call your local auto parts store and get it from someone you can talk to face to face.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.macautoparts.net/CV-Shafts-8224/6117750-2005-2006-Subaru-Legacy/ProductInfo.aspx

The axle above will work for your car. We had a problem in the past were the turbo and non turbo vehicles were different. The only reason for this mix up is because of the way the manufacturer was making them. The listing above however is an empi axle and it will fit for either application. These were the original axles that were being sold at the beginning of this post

if the picture is accurate it looks correct, too :)

No it's not. Are drive axles don't have a gear on the shaft to drive the wheel sensor . We have a magnetic pick-up system. A sensor is mounted in the steering hub & a magnet is mounted in the backside of the wheel bearing.

So I hope just the pic. is wrong.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

I bought two of the same EMPI axles from Mac. Unless I was sent two with different numbers, and by pure chance I installed them on the correct sides, then they aren't side specific.

Installed easily, excepting siezed bolts, and they drive fine. No unexpected noises or vibrations.

So for the people who got the proper fitting axle, has it held up well? Impressions?

I have had mine over a year and it's fine.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived