LegacyGT.com

Will this halfshaft work for 05 LGT?

RangerMan

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a bummer. I was thinking of buying a spare set of these and replacing as needed, instead of blowing $$$ for a set of heavy-duty aftermarket axles. I could break a few and still come out way ahead. But not if they don't work right.

What year was your customer's car, TurboBrett?

And, MT or AT? Not sure if it should matter, but just in case...

07 Outback, Automatic. They show as the same part number as my 05 LGT. They did match the OEMs in everything but color.

Sorry for the delayed response but this is the first i am hearing of this problem. I have spoken with the techs at EMPI and am willing to help anyone who is having an issue with the axle. If you are having a problem please PM me with you contact info and i can get you in touch with someone. As long as the axle is still installed on the car they can trouble shoot a bunch of different things with you

Mac,

In my customers situation the axles are not installed anymore nor would they or I be willing to install them for troubleshooting purposes. At the time you or someone at macautoparts rudely advised them to send the two axles back at our own cost and be subject to a restocking fee, if and only if they 'tested' to be defective. Not having faith in the testing process plus not wanting to further lose money on the shipping and restocking fee the customer decided to eat the cost versus potentially spend more for nothing, specially given macautoparts personality over the phone. If they were miss-informed on your return policy and process please let me know.

If there is anything you want me to do with the axles (pictures, etc) that would facilitate in some sort of return or warranty replacement while they are off of the car please let me know.

I am not sure who the customer spoke to, it was not me. Either way i am sorry if they feel they were treated rudely by the representative that they spoke too.

Normally our policy is to charge 20% on returns and not refund shipping (because it is a cost that we have already incurred) This is probably why the customer was told that. You have to realize we sell thousands of different types of parts and this is a policy that helps with people ordering the wrong things or testing parts.

In the case of your customer i would be willing to waive the restocking fee also if you would like to speak to a tech at EMPI you can because they are also interested in trying to figure out what the issue is. They want to make sure they are providing the best quality product. The reason i said someone with them installed on the car is that they can try to help figure it out much easier what the problem is. In many cases they find that it is not the axles and it is a mount, a bushing, a tie rod etc. In your case i dont know. In any case just have your customer call back and speak to Dave and i will make sure he gets a full refund on the price of the part for his axle.

Mac,

In my customers situation the axles are not installed anymore nor would they or I be willing to install them for troubleshooting purposes. At the time you or someone at macautoparts rudely advised them to send the two axles back at our own cost and be subject to a restocking fee, if and only if they 'tested' to be defective. Not having faith in the testing process plus not wanting to further lose money on the shipping and restocking fee the customer decided to eat the cost versus potentially spend more for nothing, specially given macautoparts personality over the phone. If they were miss-informed on your return policy and process please let me know.

If there is anything you want me to do with the axles (pictures, etc) that would facilitate in some sort of return or warranty replacement while they are off of the car please let me know.

I am not sure who the customer spoke to, it was not me. Either way i am sorry if they feel they were treated rudely by the representative that they spoke too.

Normally our policy is to charge 20% on returns and not refund shipping (because it is a cost that we have already incurred) This is probably why the customer was told that. You have to realize we sell thousands of different types of parts and this is a policy that helps with people ordering the wrong things or testing parts.

In the case of your customer i would be willing to waive the restocking fee also if you would like to speak to a tech at EMPI you can because they are also interested in trying to figure out what the issue is. They want to make sure they are providing the best quality product. The reason i said someone with them installed on the car is that they can try to help figure it out much easier what the problem is. In many cases they find that it is not the axles and it is a mount, a bushing, a tie rod etc. In your case i dont know. In any case just have your customer call back and speak to Dave and i will make sure he gets a full refund on the price of the part for his axle.

Thanks Macautoparts. in this case it is definitely not the wrong part so I appreciate your willingness to waive the 20% restocking fee.

I will tell the customer of your offer so they may contact you.

Thanks

-Brett,

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Mine are both being replaced today. They have given up the ghost one year and nine months after installation. When I go to pick up the car, they have one of the axles taken apart so I can see how chewed up it is. I'll try to remember to post a pic.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm about to replace the CV boot/axle on my 2005 legacy GT (5EAT).

What was the conclusion on which part we need? I believe my car was one of the ones manufactured in late '04.

Do most of the axles at advanceauto/etc not fit? If so which do I need to order?

• 2 months later...

If I were you I would check and see if that is the same part numbers as 2007. For some reason books list parts for the 2004 and older as 2005. But, if it is the same for a 2006 or 2007 LGT then it's the right part. Bryan

Mac Auto link went dead, appears part is no longer sold.

This looks to be identical, what do you guys think?

http://www.carpartsdiscount.com/auto/parts/2005/subaru/legacy/cv_axle/cv_front_axle_shaft.html?3593=81609

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 6 months later...

Archived