LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

what does fully built entail? my sti makes 650 I consider that fully built....but i have as much done as possible. Just curious on what your plans are i guess i am building a ej25d at work i want to do oem turbo/boost build no swaps but the ecu/engine management seems to be my hurdle.

Block was in good shape with no issues so I just tore it down to inspect and clean everything. I did a leak down test on the heads and had tore them down to inspect and clean them. I figured with the low mileage on the block and heads that everything should be good to go as is. I didn't need to go out and invest hundreds of dollars on new pistons, rings, bearings, etc because they all looked good and had good tolerances in all the journals. It's not built for performance, just rebuilt using mostly original equipment. I wanted to go through the engine for piece of mind because, prior to not knowing the true mileage on the motor, I was just assuming what others told me was correct. The Ej25D will take boost, just not a lot due to being open deck and lack of tuning on the ECU. If you stay below 6-8 psi, engine management shouldn't be an issue, just throw on some bigger injectors and get yourself a standalone wideband and meter to monitor AFR at the exhaust so you don't have detonation in the cylinders.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Block was in good shape with no issues so I just tore it down to inspect and clean everything. I did a leak down test on the heads and had tore them down to inspect and clean them. I figured with the low mileage on the block and heads that everything should be good to go as is. I didn't need to go out and invest hundreds of dollars on new pistons, rings, bearings, etc because they all looked good and had good tolerances in all the journals. It's not built for performance, just rebuilt using mostly original equipment. I wanted to go through the engine for piece of mind because, prior to not knowing the true mileage on the motor, I was just assuming what others told me was correct. The Ej25D will take boost, just not a lot due to being open deck and lack of tuning on the ECU. If you stay below 6-8 psi, engine management shouldn't be an issue, just throw on some bigger injectors and get yourself a standalone wideband and meter to monitor AFR at the exhaust so you don't have detonation in the cylinders.

Ya not a fan of "should be's" guuess i have to pin in a AEM

• 5 weeks later...
Too bad you missed the 202 on the trip. 303s were a big thing when these cars were new.

ya, the last reset put the 100's digit half off, and i couldnt get pulled over soon enough to get the two to stay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...