LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• I Donated

My odometer rolled over on one of mine today. It currently reads 000,013. Total mileage 1,000,013

On another note, does anyone want to buy a low mileage second gen? It has less than 20 miles! LOL

Edited by broknindarkagain

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

My odometer rolled over on one of mine today. It currently reads 000,013. Total mileage 1,000,013

On another note, does anyone want to buy a low mileage second gen? It has less than 20 miles! LOL

Are you serious?? Pics!!

Does it have original engine, tranny? What's your secret!

I have never seen a car engine that has done a million miles. I would imagine the rings and bearings would be well worn out long before it got to that stage. Oils these days are good, but there still has to be friction between the cly wall and rings to make combustion. Show some proof please.

I have never seen a car engine that has done a million miles. I would imagine the rings and bearings would be well worn out long before it got to that stage. Oils these days are good, but there still has to be friction between the cly wall and rings to make combustion. Show some proof please.

There was a guy around here who said he did a million on an original engine and tranny on an older Accord. He was a mechanic who did most of the work himself: http://www.pressherald.com/2011/10/24/honda-goes-the-distance-1-million-miles_2011-10-24/

There was a guy around here who said he did a million on an original engine and tranny on an older Accord. He was a mechanic who did most of the work himself: http://www.pressherald.com/2011/10/24/honda-goes-the-distance-1-million-miles_2011-10-24/

What a great story. It was interesting to note that if you do 10-15 thou a year, it will take 66 years to clock up a million. Joe said changing the oil was the key to it's long life, a thing a lot of people don't bother to do these days. I have changed the oil in my 97 since new. I wonder how long the engine will go for, it still doesn't burn any oil despite just clocking up 240.000 ks. Time will tell I suppose.

213K.... and it shows every one of them.

AWD is fried (torque bind) and the 2.5L is bogging like no other. Ready to swap out 4EATs and put my 2.2L in.

Argh.

And the front and read suspension needs love :\

Mine is only fwd, a thing many people don't believe until I show them. A lot of people think that all subaru's are 4wd. Not the case.

Mine is only fwd, a thing many people don't believe until I show them. A lot of people think that all subaru's are 4wd. Not the case.

Really? Yikes. My AWD was binding HORRIBLY, but I drove it anyways ;)

I think the clutch that grips the rear shaft completely wore out, as it no longer binds at all..

I think he means he pulled the rwd fuse under the hood. This never made sense to me, unless you have torque bind. But i've seen three on craigslist touting this as the greatest mod ever. and it really isn't. It's intended for emergency purposes. Like you need to have the car towed

i get the same weird looks when i tell them i have a FWD subaru wagon. i dont mind tho, i can buy two tires at a time, and dont have to worry about a spare being too new/ old.

I think all Subarus (since early 90s?) in USA are AWD, right?

nope, my 95 is an actual FWD from the factory, no rear parts at all on him. i think 95 was the last year of the option tho.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About 3 weeks ago...

How a Rush fan turns "The Big 3-0-0"! ;)

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/hurricaneFro/subaru/image_zpssjoenkdt.jpg

'97 5MT GTW. Original engine, never rebuilt. Just had to replace the trans 4k ago.

Peace,

-Jeff