LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

well done, you must have really looked after this car to get so many miles out of it. I have also looked after the dragons 97 Legacy since new, but are not up to your mileage. It's just coming up to 248ks, with a new belt due at 255ks. The problem I have at the moment is that she wants to get a new car, because this one is now old. My argument is why get a new one when this one still runs well. It just seems a shame to get rid of it. It's been a bloody good car, and it has never played up once the whole time we have had it. She says that I am just being sentimental and it's time for a new one.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Mine is pushing close to 170,000 miles. It still runs as smooth as when I got it at around 105,000. I do have an oil leak that I've been trying to find though pretty much since getting the car, nothing significant it just annoying

It will be around the front crank seal. it's a common leak with the 2.2 engine. It's no good just putting another seal in either. The oil pump needs to come off and the backing plate needs to have the screws at the back of it tightened. Only after you have done this will the leak be gone.

I'm now at 116,8xxx. I've got a slow leak that one of the mechanics I used said same as above. Also, he said the oil filler neck might be leaking too. Very minor, I rarely have to put extra oil in between changes. Car runs still runs great!

Same here with the oil filler neck. I just undone the two bolts holding it on, and on inspection I found that the mating surface wasn't flat anymore. So I filed it a bit, then made a gasket, and after putting it back on, no more leak. It was only a slight seep anyway. It's an easy fix, so why not fix it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought my '99 LGT 2.5i Limited 30th Anniversary sedan in 2003 with 104,000 miles on the clock. Traded him in 2010 with 185,000 miles because the synchros between 4th and 5th were going, and I'd decided I wanted an automatic. The guy at the dealership who appraised the car for trade-in couldn't believe it had that many miles on it.

I still miss that car. It was perfect for me and I loved the styling. The various gold touches were very handsome, I thought - not overbearing and tacky like so many "gold trim packages" back in the day. He and I had been to about 35 of the 50 states, plus Mexico. Only car I've ever owned where I actually felt bad as I drove away from the dealer, seeing him sitting in the parking lot.

Edited by talespin

I bought my '99 LGT 2.5i Limited sedan in 2003 with 104,000 miles on the clock. Traded him in 2010 with 185,000 miles because the synchros between 4th and 5th were going, and I'd decided I wanted an automatic.

I still miss that car. It was perfect for me and I loved the styling. The various gold touches were very handsome, I thought - not overbearing and tacky like so many "gold trim packages" back in the day. He and I had been to about 35 of the 50 states, plus Mexico. Only car I've ever owned where I actually felt bad as I drove away from the dealer, seeing him sitting in the parking lot.

Ever thought of doing a search, just to see where it's at? I followed up an old 83 night-rider Firebird that I used to have, but sold back in 99. The guy I sold it to still has it, and drives it on the weekends. I haven't been in contact for a few years now. I must catch up with him to see what's new with the car.