LegacyGT.com

Those of you tracking your Legacy, what are you using?

Craig S

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no way your car went from 4,000 + lbs witch a stock gt is, to 2,999 lbs from just that stuff removed. Were did you get your car weighed at? I would not even drive that car on the road without a bumper beam. But if it really weighs that less good job, wt reduction on this car is really hard.

There is no way your car went from 4,000 + lbs witch a stock gt is, to 2,999 lbs from just that stuff removed. Were did you get your car weighed at? I would not even drive that car on the road without a bumper beam. But if it really weighs that less good job, wt reduction on this car is really hard.

Thought I mentioned I had the car cornerweighted.

As mentioned a stock 4th gen LGT is under 3400 lbs. If you remove the passenger seat (it is surprisingly heavy), back seat, spare tire/jack/tools that would be a significant wieght loss.

Question for FPerron;

Did you have your car corner balanced while you were sitting in the drivers seat? I am assuming with the trunk empty as well?

I was sitting in the car for a long time during cornerweighting, and was not even allowed to rest my arm on the door arm rest:confused: The guy said "Is that the way you normally drive?" Nothing in the trunk except for my meth reservoir.

I'll try to get around to weighing the stock seats.

Try 3650 for my Spec-B and that was with me in it when I got cornerbalanced.

OUCH!

I read somewhere that my seats are around $38lbs ea.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

To begin with, that's probably gross weight (4 passengers, full gas tank, dead hooker in the trunk). Scales don't lie.

Fixed.:lol:

Props to FPerron driving a car that I'm sure is much less comfortable on the street than when it was even close to stock.

05 GT non-limited is listed at 3300lbs

05 GT Limited is listed at 3355lbs

05 STI listed at 3298lbs (I added this to show the LGT isn't as piggly wiggly as people think it is)

So getting it down to 2999lbs is very possible.

05 STI listed at 3298lbs (I added this to show the LGT isn't as piggly wiggly as people think it is)

Not to mention, the 05 LGT wagon, non limited/manual trans:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

It is very easy considering the seats themselves probably weigh a good 50-60lbs each.

When Frank decides to go nuts, he will be without windows or window motors. That will reduce the weight by another 100lbs or so. Slippery slope Frank, soon it will be a racecar.:)

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

FP is your airbag light on full-time or how did you handle that with the aftermarket seats? I would like to get some better seats to shave weight and hold me in better. My car weighs in at 3340 lbs right now with a full tank of gas without me in it.

-Franz

Never quite figured out the airbag issue, but airbags are not required for inspection in New Hampshire. A little black tape judiciously applied cut's down on the annoyance factor.

It is very easy considering the seats themselves probably weigh a good 50-60lbs each.

When Frank decides to go nuts, he will be without windows or window motors. That will reduce the weight by another 100lbs or so. Slippery slope Frank, soon it will be a racecar.:)

I know about the slippery slope. My last "racecar" started out as a cherry 1971 Plymouth 'Cuda. Ouch!

I run about 5 days a season with the BMW club at PIR here in Portland. The car is my DD so I don't want to do much more than what I've already done to it.

JDM Rev. A Bilsteins

Whiteline Control Springs - 30mm drop

Perrin 20-22mm adj. sways set at middle setting

Rallitek F & R endlinks

Camber set at a relatively modest neg .75

Track pads Carbotech XP10 Front XP8 Rear

SS brake lines and race fluid

Bridgestone 750's on my stock wheels right now, will move into 17x8's for track and new rubber when these wear out.

Currently running 292whp/313wtq on a Stage II VF-52

Craig S, all those big trees just off the track at Pacific Raceway are flat out SCARY. Hope you put some good brakes on!!

Archived