LegacyGT.com

Those of you tracking your Legacy, what are you using?

Craig S

*Sorry for thread hijack* How do you like the Flex on the street? I assume streets of NJ can't be much more forgiving than PA roads.:spin:

I daily drive in NY/NJ/PA on mine, I have them set to the softer side and I raise the care about 1" in the winter. I also switch to my 17" winter wheels, I don't to mess up my volks.

The ride is good, of course not as comfortable as stock, but good enough to daily drive.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm running Dunlop Star Specs, with Ions over Konis, stock front sway bar, JDM rear bar, JDM from strut top hats and Group N front LCA bushings. The stock tire really leaves much to be desired so the upgrade to Star Spec or Kuhmo should be the first thing you do. The car at this point will still suffer from lack of static camber and if you run on a really abrasive track be prepared to wear the outer edge of your tire. Some caber bolts can add a little static camber to combat this problem. The next step is to replace the springs and struts. I'm very happy with the Ion/Koni combination. It works really well over rough street pavement and is also very controlled in the corners. If you keep your eyes open on the forums you can pick up a set of springs used. The increased spring rate in theory should reduce body roll and reduce tire wear on the outer edge. Replacing all the front bushings will help keep the LCA in position and increase turn in feel. Roll bars should be your last step and these can be picked up used pretty easily.

I have Megan coilovers, but will upgrade to RCE Tarmac 1 (500/500spring) in March. I also have cusco sways and and braces. For brakes I use GS610 brake fluid, brakeswap rotors and carbotech xp12 brake pads.

I plan on going back to the track in April (long ass deployment :( ).

Anyways, i expect it to ride bimmer-ish smooth for the DD but controlled for the track when i install the new coilovers.

Make sure you upgrade your brakes if you have not already. The stock pads and fluid fade if you look at them the wrong way. :lol:

-Franz

Finally after a whole page, someone suggests proper pads. Definitely get something better than stock. HPS BARELY cuts it and if you get any better than a "beginner" or upgrade your tires, youre going to need something that can handle the heat better.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

Honestly, even before I upgraded to sti brembos/HPS pads, and had the stock LGT brakes and pads I would not experience any fade while autocrossing. You are only on the track for about a minute and have a good amount of time for the brakes to cool down between sessions. A road course is a completely different story, so I would agree that HP+ would be the way to go in that scenario.

My home track is Pacific Raceways, which is especially hard on brakes (and tires) and has a lot of large trees 5 feet off the side of the pavement. I've tracked heavier cars with HP+ pads and they were adequate, but even then it could get a little scary.

That said, I won't be driving as hard as I have in the past so they should be OK. The stock brakes actually seem to be pretty well done, so I'm not planning to upgrade them (aside from pads, obviously).

Don't forget to upgrade the fluid. You don't want it boiling.

This year I'll be running the following:

-RCE Tarmac I coilovers, 400/400

-Cobb front and rear sway bars

-max camber on stock bolts, 0 toe

-Dunlop Z1 Star Spec's (225/45/17 on 17x7.5 Tarmac II's)

-HP+ pads, Valvoline syn fluid, stock rotors

-Cobb DP, Perrin TMIC, tune

This year I'll be getting out there also and we have similar mods.

I have all that you do (same brands for all even) +;

GTWorx camber plates (-2.5f/-1.4r)

RE-01R's

Brembos

HP10's

Whiteline RCA & ALK

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Let's see....

Megan coilovers

F/R Perrin 25mm sways

Cusco F/R frame stiffeners

Front strut tower bar

-2.5 F camber/ -1.8 R camber

0 toe

Stock rotors and calipers with Carbotech XP10 F/XP8 R

Car lightened to 2999 lb

Cornerweighted

JDM front LSD

245/40/17 BFG g-Force R1 DOT track tires

40BB turbo

Wiseco pistons

TGV delete

PP exhaust manifolds

Turboback 3" exhaust w/ PDE DP, Flow UP, Perrin midpipe, and single 3" straightpipe from there back

Unorthodox underdrive pulley set

AEM Intake

AEM water/meth injection

Torco for the track

Tuned by Mike

And one mother****ing big APR wing:lol:

Don't forget to upgrade the fluid. You don't want it boiling.

This year I'll be running the following:

-RCE Tarmac I coilovers, 400/400

-Cobb front and rear sway bars

-max camber on stock bolts, 0 toe

-Dunlop Z1 Star Spec's (225/45/17 on 17x7.5 Tarmac II's)

-HP+ pads, Valvoline syn fluid, stock rotors

-Cobb DP, Perrin TMIC, tune

See you at Blackhawk and Autobahn this spring? :)

-Franz

Do you guys drive on the street much? How are those spring rates?

The coilovers will be installed for the first time in the spring. But, from what I've been told, can be adjusted to near stock levels of firmness.

See you at Blackhawk and Autobahn this spring? :)

-Franz

Yup. Still two months till the Blackhawk "school", so time to get things tested and sorted. Did you yet decide if you are going?

Let's see....

Megan coilovers

F/R Perrin 25mm sways

Cusco F/R frame stiffeners

Front strut tower bar

-2.5 F camber/ -1.8 R camber

0 toe

Stock rotors and calipers with Carbotech XP10 F/XP8 R

Car lightened to 2999 lb

Cornerweighted

JDM front LSD

245/40/17 BFG g-Force R1 DOT track tires

40BB turbo

Wiseco pistons

TGV delete

PP exhaust manifolds

Turboback 3" exhaust w/ PDE DP, Flow UP, Perrin midpipe, and single 3" straightpipe from there back

Unorthodox underdrive pulley set

AEM Intake

AEM water/meth injection

Torco for the track

Tuned by Mike

And one mother****ing big APR wing:lol:

PLEASE for the love of God tell me you have surprised a lot of people at the track. In for a good story :)

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

The car runs pretty well, and I was lucky enough to win my class championship this year against all normally aspirated 6 cylinder and turbocharged 4 cylinder cars. But what gives me the most satisfaction is that this is my daily driver - actually, my only car. All my competitors trailer theirs to and from the track. Running a daily driver is a lot more work since I have to swap out pads, rotors, and wheels both before and after an event.

Removed bumper beams

Replaced driver's seat with Corbeau Forza

Replaced passenger seat with Summit drag race seat

Removed rear seat

Replaced axle-back with single straight pipe

Removed stock seat belts and velocity reels

Removed air conditioner pump

15 lb battery

Stripped trunk of everything

Aluminum pulleys

ACT Streetlight flywheel

Removed all non-essential items like sun visors, child seat mounting brackets, fog lights, passenger side wiper, heat shields, etc.

Saved a few pounds with coilovers

Other stuff I can't remember

Removed bumper beams

Replaced driver's seat with Corbeau Forza

Replaced passenger seat with Summit drag race seat

Removed rear seat

Replaced axle-back with single straight pipe

Removed stock seat belts and velocity reels

Removed air conditioner pump

15 lb battery

Stripped trunk of everything

Aluminum pulleys

ACT Streetlight flywheel

Removed all non-essential items like sun visors, child seat mounting brackets, fog lights, passenger side wiper, heat shields, etc.

Saved a few pounds with coilovers

Other stuff I can't remember

So you must be running a harness and a roll bar, or hopefully a full cage. Wow, I wouldn't want to daily drive that.

Archived