LegacyGT.com

Anyone interest in a catted Downpipe for a 5EAT

ERZperformance

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why? I am confused. If no emissions testing then why a cat? If you want a cat I understand, but what s the idea of installing one in the CBE section?

The O2 sensor will not reach and the wiring would have to be extended. An O2 bung would have to be installed. What kind of deal do you get on hi flow cats and install labor?

An ERZ catted DP for the 5EAT (Released in 1-2 months) is $300 delivered on the Group Buy. A non catted version is also being released. Price has not yet been revealed on the non-cat version. The MT version sells for about $180. If you think you can get a hi flow cat and install for $120 I think you are mistaken.

The ERZ pipe uses a 200cel metallic cat. This should last for quite a while. If it doesn't and blows out what is the difference (to you)? You don't have emissions testing. Why replace it?

Just get a catted pipe if it makes you feel better. or just get a catless and go for it. No point at all in placing a cat farther down stream. It is already post turbo.

Thanks for the feedback as I am new to this mod thing. I will stick with my original commitment for the catted with adapter.

Maybe interested. Put me down for maybe for catted with adapter. Does it come with gaskets? and still no reviews yet? Will this dp pass smog?

Yes it comes with gaskets.

No reviews because it is a brand new product. There are plenty of reviews on the MT catted and non-catted DP. None are bad.

Passing emissions testing depends on your state. Since it appears you are in CA, no. There is not a single aftermarket DP made that is legal in CA.

Do you have a 5EAT? Just want to make sure before adding you to the list.

Yes it comes with gaskets.

No reviews because it is a brand new product. There are plenty of reviews on the MT catted and non-catted DP. None are bad.

Passing emissions testing depends on your state. Since it appears you are in CA, no. There is not a single aftermarket DP made that is legal in CA.

Do you have a 5EAT? Just want to make sure before adding you to the list.

Yes I have a 5EAT. need the adapter too

it could pass smog, just depends on who does it and how thorough their visual check is

It can be done yes. Just not legally. The car will pass the sniffer test. No shop who wants to keep their license will pass the visual (in CA).

If you have connections and cash you can get it done. But don't expect the shop to be there next time you need a smog.

^ ERZ is releasing a catless version too. It was just an overwhelming response for catted, so thats what the group buy is. If you want a catless, just say so and I will see what we can do to accommodate the request as part of the GB.

It can be done yes. Just not legally. The car will pass the sniffer test. No shop who wants to keep their license will pass the visual (in CA).

If you have connections and cash you can get it done. But don't expect the shop to be there next time you need a smog.

I already know where I'm going , no extra cash required, and the shop has been there a long time. The visual is BS in my opinion anyway , passing the sniffer test should be all that's required.

Just make sure not to pass on the name of the shop too easily. Or what they do for you. If they are willing to do it for you thats great, just realize and respect what they are risking for you. The fine for turning a blind eye on the visual is enough to put 90% of operations out of business (and is intended to do so).

:soap_box:

The monies collected by CARB for issuing CARB Numbers to aftermarket products that pass emission testing and the general bureaucracy of CA is far too great. It is going to take a revolution of the mind and voting populace to ever change the insane smog laws here. Plus with the deficit what it already is they will need to figure out how to replace the income generated from the entire establishment.

Oh my head hurts. I'm going back to bed.

^ ERZ is releasing a catless version too. It was just an overwhelming response for catted, so thats what the group buy is. If you want a catless, just say so and I will see what we can do to accommodate the request as part of the GB.

I've decided to go with the catted version w/ adapter. If I ever decide to change, the resale on the catted version will be better than the cattless. So put me down on the list when you get a chance.

Archived