LegacyGT.com

Anyone interest in a catted Downpipe for a 5EAT

ERZperformance

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad I IM'ed you a couple of weeks back :-)

Can you confirm O2 bung?

m sprank - are you thinking this will pass smog (esp visual)?

Put me down as a maybe.. Depends on a few other factors.. I'll make a decision when you have a deadline..

Its funny, all the specs were originally listed in the first post. Then ERZ edited the post and the specs were lost.

I quoted the specs earlier though... so as long as nothing has changed from original design, here it is;

$300 delivered for a catted DP with a cast bellmouth, 3" Stainless piping and extra 02 bung.

Should be exactly like the MT version which has a 200cel Cat, 304? Stainless piping (3"), 1/2" Stainless flange, extra 02 bung on top of Bellmouth.

As far as smog. I am sure it will pass the sniffer in any state. It will not pass CA visual without some luck or Franklins.

I recently passed CA smog with my stage 2.5 5EAT in full dress. Smog tech complained for a while, but finally passed the visual as he was unsure of things. His explanation in the end was that since there were no check engine lights and the sniffer was clean it must be ok.

List updated.

$300 delivered for a catted DP with a cast bellmouth, 3" Stainless piping and extra 02 bung.

Should be exactly like the MT version which has a 200cel Cat, 304? Stainless piping (3"), 1/2" Stainless flange, extra 02 bung on top of Bellmouth.

Thanks!

As far as smog. I am sure it will pass the sniffer in any state. It will not pass CA visual without some luck or Franklins.

I recently passed CA smog with my stage 2.5 5EAT in full dress. Smog tech complained for a while, but finally passed the visual as he was unsure of things. His explanation in the end was that since there were no check engine lights and the sniffer was clean it must be ok.

List updated.

Ok, so I'm still at the "if I want to pass, I'll have to swap my DP" stage.. Hence my "maybe"..

Yeah. Not sure what state you are in. But, chances are it would be easier to put the OEM DP on for a smog if your state has a visual inspection. I keep both my OEM DP's for just such an occasion.

No aftermarket DP is legal in CA that I know of. Cost of passing CARB testing is too high.

If in CA very few intakes are legal, no DP's are legal, no headers are legal, on cars with cat in the up-no uppipes are legal, no BPV's are legal, and intercoolers are questionable (have not found that one yet, but assume they are illegal).

Yeah. Not sure what state you are in. But, chances are it would be easier to put the OEM DP on for a smog if your state has a visual inspection. I keep both my OEM DP's for just such an occasion.

No aftermarket DP is legal in CA that I know of. Cost of passing CARB testing is too high.

If in CA very few intakes are legal, no DP's are legal, no headers are legal, on cars with cat in the up-no uppipes are legal, no BPV's are legal, and intercoolers are questionable (have not found that one yet, but assume they are illegal).

Yeah.. At this point, I'm at: STI UP, gutted DP (1st cat), stock TMIC, stock intake.

I'm hoping they won't notice the STI UP (OEM subaru part), nor notice the missing 1st CAT, assuming I pass the sniffer..

They wont notice the up. They can't see that the cat is gutted. As long as the tune turned off the CEL's you are fine.

I even passed smog with a 93 oct tune running 91CAN gas, lol. No time yet for a re-tune, so I said screw it. Cars are completely clean on the sniffer.

I'd be in for one plus a factor cat back exaust adapter. I doubt I'll be able to beat that price even with a used pipe after shipping!

EZR, ever thought about offering a "fake cat" heat shield designed to fit on the back of the tailpipe for inspection purposes? The maddad pipe for WRX's has one, and I would have gone with that if they offered on for the 5EAT LGT. I dont have instections now (registereing car at my parents address to avoid it), but in the chance that they spread or I move to another state it would be nice to be able to pass visual.

I'm talking about a fake second (third in my case) cat, being just a heat shield. They do a visual check for two cats on all cars at my local place, even though they are only really supposed to do that on non OBD-II cars.

Again, it's not a big deal for me as I'm registering my car in a diffrent county then were I currentally live, but it would be nice for future use if they made it as an optional part.

Just heard from ERZ. Asked about teaser pix and time frame. Here is the quote;

we are still two month or more away, the factory is close next week for two weeks.

thank you

Thats all I got, sorry. I know everyone wants teaser pix. Maybe ERZ will read the thread again and chime in directly.

List updated.

Because it is getting buried, here is the group buy info.

Group Buy Price is $300 Delivered! (only catted version will be made as this will be a stocking item)

Regular Retail Price is $399 plus shipping. This is a great deal. Save over $100 (25%)

Expected delivery is March/April.

Features include;

High Flow Catted 5EAT downpipe with bellmouth cast flange design and extra 02 sensor hole for wideband 02 sensor.

Made with metallic catalytic converters with 200 cells.

Stainless Steel, 76MM/3 inch Piping.

Teaser pix (yes they are the MT pipe).

erz.jpg.30603208cc943fb1b8f12463659a19cf.jpg

erz1.jpg.e75b8d67ccd3851cb4bde78638df5cfa.jpg

thanks ERZ! lets not get too too hasty. don't want speed of production have priority over quality ;) but we do appreciate that you are putting the AT downpipe ahead of your other products :wub:

Archived