LegacyGT.com

Anyone interest in a catted Downpipe for a 5EAT

ERZperformance

^ I know, me too. Good things come to those who wait. I think with all the interest ERZ is trying to rush the order (without sacrificing quality).

M spank will get the first AT 5EAT downpipe , and he will installed and provide installation photo, Sorry M spank I put you on the spot again. hehe

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ I know, me too. Good things come to those who wait. I think with all the interest ERZ is trying to rush the order (without sacrificing quality).

M spank will get the first AT 5EAT downpipe , and he will installed and provide installation photo, Sorry M spank I put you on the spot again. hehe

WOOOOOHOOOOOO! This is awesome news! M sprank I can't wait to see it tomorrow!!!

Just spoke with ERZ.

They are having the factory rush a single pipe for test fit. It is being sent air freight to me. I do not yet have a delivery date, but am expecting it soon.

I will immediately install the new DP for test fit/pix. I will post the write up/pix in the Group buy thread, this thread and possibly a new "write up/install" thread.

This way everyone gets to see the product before laying down the cash.

Once I install the test piece, the production run will be shipped. We are VERY confident that the test piece will be perfect. It was with the MT downpipe.

ERZ will provide all order info once the production run is on its way. The list will stay open until the pipes are being delivered.

We are expecting a late March/early April delivery. So anticipate having payment ready the end of March.

I am very excited about this new product release. this GB is an outstanding opportunity for forum members to save a lot of money.

List is up to 31 members.

Just spoke with ERZ.

They are having the factory rush a single pipe for test fit. It is being sent air freight to me. I do not yet have a delivery date, but a expecting it soon.

I will immediately install the new DP for test fit/pix. I will post the write up/pix in the Group buy thread, this thread and possibly a new "write up/install" thread.

This way everyone gets to see the product before laying down the cash.

Once I install the test piece, the production run will be shipped. We are VERY confident that the test piece will be perfect. It was with the MT downpipe.

ERZ will provide all order info once the production run is on its way. The list will stay open until the pipes are being delivered.

We are expecting a late March/early April delivery. So anticipate having payment ready the end of March.

I am very excited about this new product release. this GB is an outstanding opportunity for forum members to save a lot of money.

List is up to 31 members.

That's awesome news m sprank! Weather is starting to turn around here so this is perfect timing. Can't wait to see pictures

In Illinois and don't have smog inspections.

Why would I want the Cat? Does it affect tuning? Resale? CEL? Sound? etc.

Due to cost, probably end up with the X02 CBE and either the M2 uppipe or an STi up used. Looking to do open source tune at first.

Excuse the completely basic questions.

If I get in on this, I obviously have much research to do.

Thanks!

In Illinois and don't have smog inspections.

Why would I want the Cat? Think Green

Does it affect tuning? No

Resale? No

CEL? No

Sound? Slightly

Due to cost, probably end up with the X02 CBE and either the M2 uppipe or an STi up used. Looking to do open source tune at first. This will fix the CELs caused by the uppipe and downpipe.

Excuse the completely basic questions. Excused

If I get in on this, I obviously have much research to do. If you have a 5EAT you have less options than a 5/6MT. But catless pipes are available for less. The Group Buy price of $290 shipped (currently) is an outstanding value for a 5EAT catted DP.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
35 now. Test pipe should be here soon.

Mr. Sprank,

Based on your worldly experience, can (would) you recommend a particular UP to go with this prestigious item? I'm hoping to be prepared for the DP shipment!

38 members now on board. Test pipe shipped form the factory last week.

As for uppipes. I use a Cobb. I have installed OEM's, M2's, Grimmspeed, Invidia, Cobb. All seem to fit about the same. M2 tends to need a Grimmspeed double thick gasket. But a $20 gasket for a $30 uppipe is no big deal.

OEM pipes off WRX work great and are cheap. No fitment issues and they look stock. Some people like the flex, some don't. Some people have had cracking issues with solid pipes. I never have.

I have no recommendation for this particular DP. I love my Cobb, but I really didn't need it, I found it CHEAP on eBay. They are long out of production.

For the $50 price tag I like the M2. ERZ sells an uppipe also. I have never installed one but here good things. Might be able to work a discount if buying the uppipe and downpipe together.

Otherwise, I would look on nasioc for a stock WRX catless pipe. Thats the next cheapest option. After that there is a world of choices/options. In the end it is just a piece of pipe. No tricky bends. Nothing special. Use new gaskets, follow torque procedure, make sure to get the turbo side tight first, that way if there are issues it is at the collector side (easier to get back to later).

^Thanks. Informed and insightful guidance, no surprise. Price isn't a major concern. Seems like a flex pipe might have (un)laminar flow issues. Might just go w/ERZ

up for ease of purchase...

We hit 40 members. GB price is now $280 delivered. Pipes are expected 2nd week of April. Get on board now if interested. Price goes to $399 after the GB.

The groups pipes are expected second week of April, or just your test piece in general?

Test pipe should be here this week. Production pipes are ordered as soon as I test fit. So, the order is in this week or next and the production pipes should be to ERZ/CNT sometime around the 16th? These are estimates, but I want give everyone time to get the monies ready.

Archived