LegacyGT.com

Anyone interest in a catted Downpipe for a 5EAT

ERZperformance

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CX lightning is a 3" exhaust and its about as cheap as they come

Hmm. Any ideas of the sound? Don't want anything too loud..

IIRC, sedan/wagon is a different fitment? They only show sedan, don't mention wagon..

Hmm. Any ideas of the sound? Don't want anything too loud..

IIRC, sedan/wagon is a different fitment? They only show sedan, don't mention wagon..

This page should have plenty of options for you to get a feel of the sound: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=legacy+gt+x02+exhaust&search_type=&aq=1&oq=legacy+gt+x (Xo2=CX lightning)

The nice thing about this system is that the mid and y pipe work in the stock location. Meaning, if its too loud for you, you can just bolt your stock mufflers up to the aftermarket y pipe, and you'll get the improved flow without all the added noise.

This page should have plenty of options for you to get a feel of the sound: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=legacy+gt+x02+exhaust&search_type=&aq=1&oq=legacy+gt+x (Xo2=CX lightning)

The nice thing about this system is that the mid and y pipe work in the stock location. Meaning, if its too loud for you, you can just bolt your stock mufflers up to the aftermarket y pipe, and you'll get the improved flow without all the added noise.

Hmm. So, maybe all I want is a 3" y-pipe? Totally happy with the current sound (hogzausted on one side)..

Hmm. So, maybe all I want is a 3" y-pipe? Totally happy with the current sound (hogzausted on one side)..

Maybe so. But I don't think you can order just the mid/y separately. You could always buy the full CBE and sell the cans to member here to get back some of your money.

Hadvw, get a full cbe and you will be happily surprised. You wil enjoy it very much. And you can buy the adapter. It does work. M sprank is running one with no issues so I bought one to for my magnaflow CBE.

Back on topic, update from ERZ about production of this? I'm getting ancy.

Yes they are. I don't use Megan either.

Some members got "lucky" and have had decent experiences with the up pipes and down pipes.

Way too many horror stories about the coilovers.

I personally know a member who used a Megan DP. He actually had no complaints (because it cost $200 and that was super cheap then). But, in order to install it a 5lb sledge had to be used to get it to fit, lol.

Do I have this wrong?

I'm thinking of switching my choice to a catless DP with 2.5" adapter (are these in the works still?) and adding generic high-flow cat/heat shield in the exhaust resonator position because of:

~ No emissions testing in Western Colorado

~Cost

~if DP cat "wears out" then need to replace with a new DP

Comments please.

Thanks!

That doesn't make much sense to me. If you wanna go catless and don't need to worry about emissions, then why weld in a cat? Also are you saying you want to weld the cat in the resonator position (on the mid pipe)? I don't think your rear 02 sensor would reach that far back without some work.

Why? I am confused. If no emissions testing then why a cat? If you want a cat I understand, but what s the idea of installing one in the CBE section?

The O2 sensor will not reach and the wiring would have to be extended. An O2 bung would have to be installed. What kind of deal do you get on hi flow cats and install labor?

An ERZ catted DP for the 5EAT (Released in 1-2 months) is $300 delivered on the Group Buy. A non catted version is also being released. Price has not yet been revealed on the non-cat version. The MT version sells for about $180. If you think you can get a hi flow cat and install for $120 I think you are mistaken.

The ERZ pipe uses a 200cel metallic cat. This should last for quite a while. If it doesn't and blows out what is the difference (to you)? You don't have emissions testing. Why replace it?

Just get a catted pipe if it makes you feel better. or just get a catless and go for it. No point at all in placing a cat farther down stream. It is already post turbo.

Archived