LegacyGT.com

40,000 miles between oil changes on a BMW

f1anatic

I wonder what kind of oil he was using?

for all we know this was you!:lol:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

A friends mother did 60k on her 05 accord when she bought it. one afternoon she asked me to check out the car it seemed sluggish, i drove it, it was a pig. asked her when her last oil change was,... she said never had one. OMG dumb woman! told her id do a tune up for her, 100 bucks plus parts.

plugs,

seafoam: in tank, in oil (while running for one min)

through intake.

oil change with Castrol gtx

ran it for 10 min slowly adding half pint of seafoam, ran it another 20 min. did another oil change, even more shit came out when i drained the oil. (seafoam at work)

fresh oil. Car ran amazing after. now she gets an oil change every 3k

:spin:how is it even possible that people do not know they have to change their oil... I can't turn the TV on for more than 10 minutes w/o seeing a motor oil commercial... Not to mention these people must drive their cars past instant oil change places and auto repair shops... its just shear stupidity, they ought to loose their license or something. God only knows how good of a driver they must be, the car can't even get out of its own way because of all the sludge.:spin:

Ok, I'm done ranting, back to work...

:eek:

I wanna change my oil now..

its not that people dont know they're supposed to change it.. its that they either "dont have time" or "can't do it themselves."

time I understand.. going to a dealer or some lube shop.. pita.. but doing it yourself is rather easy.. at least.. on a subaru it is.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

:eek:

I wanna change my oil now..

its not that people dont know they're supposed to change it.. its that they either "dont have time" or "can't do it themselves."

time I understand.. going to a dealer or some lube shop.. pita.. but doing it yourself is rather easy.. at least.. on a subaru it is.

don't have time??? If you can't budget 30 minutes for an oil change every 3-4 months you've got bigger issues to worry about, lol.

• 4 weeks later...
:spin:how is it even possible that people do not know they have to change their oil... I can't turn the TV on for more than 10 minutes w/o seeing a motor oil commercial... Not to mention these people must drive their cars past instant oil change places and auto repair shops... its just shear stupidity, they ought to loose their license or something. God only knows how good of a driver they must be, the car can't even get out of its own way because of all the sludge.:spin:

Ok, I'm done ranting, back to work...

Happened to this girl by my friends house. She had a Altima, her car was whineing, knocking, idling horribly and had a hard time starting it. We go over to help, and find the power steering belt or alternator belt snapped and wrapped around the other pulleys. And shes been driving like that for a few days, so belts were melted and shredded all over engine bay. Checked the oil for them and it was bone dry. Asked the girl when was last time she did oil change and she said like 3 years ago :spin: Even after pouring oil and them getting a new belt the engine was still knocking and ticking so loud. The next week they had to replace the engine. :lol:

Archived