LegacyGT.com

40,000 miles between oil changes on a BMW

f1anatic

its just like seeing 150 year old people driving cars, THEY CANT EVEN SEE OVER THE DASHBOARD, how do these people keep their license. oh wait i know how, i saw it first hand when i was renewing my tags, 100 year old guy went to take the visual test to renew his license and heres how it went

tester: ok sir, let me know when you see the flashing light and on which side

100 year old guy: ...............................

tester: sir, do you see the light

100 year old guy: where?

tester: sir, you dont see it on the left there?

100 year old guy: oh ya now i see it

tester: ok, sit down, well call you when your new license is finished printing

:spin: :spin:

And then 3 days later he's on the news after plowing his 4,000 lb Lincoln Town Car through a McDonalds play area because he thought the gas pedal was the brake pedal.

I gotta say, stereotypes aren't always accurate... But in the case of old people being crappy drivers someone hit the nail on the head. It's more common knowledge than a stereotype. The only people over 70 years old I know who aren't totally incompetent drivers are my GF's grandparents. They're both well into their 80's and are so young at heart it's like they faked their birth certificates. They still go on cross country trips all over the country, including North Dakota a few times a year. I'm impressed they've still got it, even if the grandfather is getting a little deaf. :lol:

lol ya my grandma is 93 now and she still tends her garden everyday in spring an summer and walks up an down stairs to her basment every 2 or 3 days to do laundry. and she doesnt look 93 she looks maybe 60. although ive never seen her drive so i cant vouch for her on that but i will say a year ago she got a speeding ticket, lol, 60 in a 35, she had 2003 civic and was comming up to a big hill and didnt think her car would make it up it so she sped up, ROTF, and a cop nailed her. hahaha i still give her crap for that.

lawmakers will never change the rules regarding drivers above 65 because they know they will lose popular votes if they do antyhing that reduces their independence or is a perceived constraint on them

i've had patients openly tell me they renew their licenses online so they don't have to take the vision test. even though based on my evaluation, i strongly advise them to refrain from driving. i understand it's hard, especially in certain parts of the country because public transportation just isn't available and they have no other means of transportation really. but really, they shouldn't be on the road

Archived