LegacyGT.com

Not only is the GT-R the best car EVAR, it is reliable and

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heightsgtltd

While impressive, the GT-R is not a "supercar," and you better have a lot more in terms of perks if I am paying that much for service than a Nissan dealership can offer.

"Sorry sir, we don't have wireless internet in the waiting room or a coffee machine, but please sit next to that fat 1998 sentra owner while I charge your Amex black card for $3000.00. If you'd like to leave it, we are happy to offer you a pathfinder as a loaner car"

:lol:

Guest heightsgtltd

Something truly exotic and special, and out of reach of all but the really rich. I would say a Koenigsegg, Ferraris, Murcielago, Pagani Zonda, McLaren F1, Merc SLR, etc.

Not a Maserati, Porsche, Audi R8, etc.

I cant really argue with that. But I leave scratching my head when people bag on the GTr and then say "the porsche 911 is a real super car)

The GTr outperforms most every car in its price range and those significantly above it in almost every comparison....

So basically the GT-R is like those $20 printers that require $50 ink cartridges.

As much as I may have loved the company in the past, Nissan has gone to shit (at least logistically) in recent years.

Have you guys read about the woes of that one GT-R owner in UK (I believe) that bumped a car in front of him at very low speeds, which activated the pedestrian safety system, which was a repair to the tune of almost 20 grand USD iirc?

Later edit:

http://jalopnik.com/5405312/nissan-gt+r-hits-tow-hitch-causes-18000-repair-bill

Who said we liked laggy, big-turbo STi's, or Civics with engine swaps?

But you are now in the right direction. Forget that bargain supercar nissan and get with some 4 cyl import that you can find used for under 20K!!!

Yeah! because, you know, when I do my jdm engine/turbo swap, and like, some rims and tires, yeah, you *MIGHT* get me from a roll, but Ill kill you in 'the twisties' because, you know, my car is like, lighter weight, 'n shi'.....

I have read bad things about Amsoil.

How bad?

I read that fuel often has contaminants, so I've stopped using it. I feel much better about the longevity of my engine now. I'll have to keep an eye out for any issues with Amsoil products and be sure to share them with the rest of the forum.

Thanks for this important heads up, Rob!

Archived