LegacyGT.com

2011 model change

colt 45ss

I can't remember where, but I thought someone said that for 2011 the folding mirrors would return since so many dealers were complaining that they can't squeeze the cars in as close w/o folding.

Yeah they aren't putting the folding mirrors back on. I worked at a subaru dealership up until last week and our Subaru rep said that they aren't coming back. The reason they put folding mirrors on cars to begin with was to fit more cars on container ships when they came over from japan or europe. The folding mirrors were taken off due to cost, and at this time they aren't planning on putting them on. I suppose that could change but just what I heard.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter what they do it, it's still a fat-ass car. That's a major reason I purchased my '05 LGT new 52 months ago when I test drove/compared cars at that time, and have never been sorry since.

The '05 has 40K miles on it now, and since I just turned 59, I may just keep it until my old, wrinkled hands can't deal with that MT anymore. I just saw a '10 down the street, as well as viewing models on the local dealer's lot and I'm really at a loss what I would buy next to replace the car I now have a few years down the road.

The bottom line, SoA is only leaving the WRX and STi for the enthusiast car buyers...

No love for the Legacy, well, from 05, it's all been downhill if you think about it - with the exception of the Sperc.B

When time comes, definitely no more Subaru for most of us!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

The signs that the '10 GT is de-contented.

The sings that it has the same suspension, and possibly brakes as the 2.5i.

The signs that it is manual only, when most of the market prefers automatics... Subaru denies the choice.

The fact that even when fully loaded, the GT still doesn't come with bilsteins, or hardly any other sport package differentiation from the 2.5i or 3.6R Legacys, some of the things that were included on the fully loaded Spec B for 2009, and even it wasn't drastically identifiable as something special.

The fact that the wagon just magically disappeared, as did the aforementioned Legacy GT non-specB in canada, and other things... Subaru usually makes those retraction changes quietly... just all of the sudden gone.

It's just poor product planning to not offer an Automatic Turbo, especially since they do in other markets with more powerful engines

Yes, if sales are shitty enough.... good bye any sort of LGT.

Yep. And it will all be Subaru's doing in the first place. They are creating an artificial lack of demand for the GT by not offering the more popular choice of the AT. That way, when time comes, they're going to say... "boy, the GT didn't sell very well, let's axe it!"

When it was their plan all along.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

Yep. And it will all be Subaru's doing in the first place. They are creating an artificial lack of demand for the GT by not offering the more popular choice of the AT. That way, when time comes, they're going to say... "boy, the GT didn't sell very well, let's axe it!"

When it was their plan all along.

The Legacy Wagons were put through the same. If you look back now the lack of advertisement, stripping of options and feature decontenting of Legacy wagons were to do with forthcoming elimination in 2010, not with perceived "customer confusion" BS we were fed all along. SOA didn't want to sell Legacy Wagons, the knew (probably as early as 2006-2007) they won their hand for 2010 and they just slowly killed it.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

haha that sounds funny, an sti legacy for 2011... I test drove a brand new 2010 today and was really suppressed to see a electric push button e-brake... kind of disappointing aswell

Do you mean impressed?

Yeah they aren't putting the folding mirrors back on. I worked at a subaru dealership up until last week and our Subaru rep said that they aren't coming back. The reason they put folding mirrors on cars to begin with was to fit more cars on container ships when they came over from japan or europe. The folding mirrors were taken off due to cost, and at this time they aren't planning on putting them on. I suppose that could change but just what I heard.

I doubt this is correct becuse the legacy has been assembled in the US for a while.

The bottom line, SoA is only leaving the WRX and STi for the enthusiast car buyers...

No love for the Legacy, well, from 05, it's all been downhill if you think about it - with the exception of the Sperc.B

When time comes, definitely no more Subaru for most of us!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I usually agree with you, but I have to take exception on this. The legacy got a decent bump in power, blue tooth, i-pod integration and a whole bunch of other stuff for 2010.

Now, two more points:

1. The legacy was made bigger - and for good reason. Subaru has made the other cars bigger and the US Market has responded. If you don't like it, don't buy it. However, we can't really blame SOA for implementing a formula that works.

2. The model is always has less content/features the first year (They need to do this to save $$$). Once the sales pick up, and they start to recoup some of the money invested in the model, then they can add more features and take some slimmer profits on a per car basis.

as it's been said about gazzillion times here, most people complaining about changes in 2010 do NOT have problems with increased size. It's the visual design changes that make the 2010 Legacy very unappealing.

Personally I liked the 2010 Concept better than the actual car.

The concept did look better when it was unveiled and then the acutual photos were released and the whole feel the love campaign automatically was dismissed. I would be in line for a 2011 Legacy STI if Subaru decides to offer it here in the states even if it will be for just one year.

Personally I liked the 2010 Concept better than the actual car.

The concept looked a little better, though I did assume when I saw the concept that the ridiculous, overdone wheel arches would be toned down for the production model. No such luck. Also, the roofline is too tall and round, and the car just lacks the sleekness of the previous gen.

Edmunds seemed a lot more enthusiastic about the new Suzuki Kizashi in their review, comparing the driving experience to the 2005-2009 Legacy and Previous Gen TSX...

The name is strange, but the ride/handling balance is dead-on. The attractive Kizashi picks up the ball dropped by the Acura TSX and Subaru Legacy.

That's better company than the current LGT, which is lumped in with the Camry

It certainly looks better than the new Legacy.

Also it has keyless entry, memory seats, defeat-able AWD to improve fuel economy, auto headlights, memory seats, rain sensing wipers, 3 stage heated seats, and sport suspension. Plus it isnt a boat because it's a world car, not a fat ass American car.

If Suzuki adds an extra trim level with a turbo, or V6, and HIDS...Well lets just say that is a comparo Subaru hopes never happens.

http://media.il.edmunds-media.com/suzuki/kizashi/2010/ft/2010_suzuki_kizashi_actf34_ft_1_717.jpg

http://media.il.edmunds-media.com/suzuki/kizashi/2010/ft/2010_suzuki_kizashi_actr34_ft_1_717.jpg

this thread title is deceptive.

a legacy STI based on the 2010 platform is NOT a "model change." its a model lineup or options change.

ya know as retarded as it may sound I have been ignoring 2010 threads. :lol: like using my forum script to literally hide them from my view..

this topic made me hopeful.. but you trampled my hopes. :(

I think if subaru goes the route of ditching the last performance package from the legacy model.. they';ll be shooting themselves in the foot.

and personally.. I kinda hope they bleed to death from the wound.

that suzuki seems attractive.. but I'm not buying a suzuki anything.They should sell the design to a brand that people trust and keep the royalties.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Wait a sec? How could the Legacy have dropped the ball? IT GOT BIGGER~!!!!!

yeah, BIGGER is new BETTER :lol:

they dropped the spec.b why would the pick up the STi as an option package...

and that suzuki looks pretty damn nice other than lack of engine

Spec B wasn't available in 05 either. They can't swing the costs without recouping some of the R&D costs with first model year sales.

Think of S4's - M3 - Even the Sti doesn't sell the new body style in the first year.

Spec B wasn't available in 05 either. They can't swing the costs without recouping some of the R&D costs with first model year sales.

Think of S4's - M3 - Even the Sti doesn't sell the new body style in the first year.

did they have the new wrx before the STi?

what extra costs are there for the spec B?

larger rims.. a different paint.. a few $1000 from an upholstery shop, and some suspension..

grab the tranny from an sti..

I dont see where theres a TON of R&D in the spec B.

unless they want to make it something more.. notable.. next time around.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived