LegacyGT.com

2011 model change

colt 45ss

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well if you're in the State's then don't count on it. I heard rumors that SOA was considering another Spec B...but I'll believe that when I see it on a showroom floor. I'll just be happy if they bring the 2010 up the 2009's level of features. An LSD would be nice and so would an instrument cluster that didn't look lifted out of a Kia Rio.

^^^ Been [ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=hell,+norway&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.424342,75.234375&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Hell,+Stjordal,+Nord-Trondelag,+Norway&z=15]there[/ame]...

As for instrument clusters, as long as they work I'm happy.

453747.png

Well if you're in the State's then don't count on it. I heard rumors that SOA was considering another Spec B...but I'll believe that when I see it on a showroom floor.

Hmm, what are the odds that it'll have electroluminescent gauges, folding mirrors with turn signal lights, or fog lamps standard? Not that it matters - the 2010 Legacy is so ugly no amount of features would get me to buy one! This is one of the biggest downgrades over a previous gen model I've ever seen from the auto industry.

I have a feeling they might get rid of the LGT model and stick with the NA 2.5i and 3.6R...

Unfortunately, this is a definite possibility for the US (not sure about Canada).

However, the newly acquired hobby of the STI team will almost suredly keep the LGT going in Japan.

Unfortunately, this is a definite possibility for the US (not sure about Canada).

They did this in Canada for the 2009 model year - there was no GT available, only 2.5i, 3.0R and Spec. B. I would've gotten a Spec B over the 3.0R, but at the time it was around a 6k price difference and I really couldn't justify it.

where are all the signs that lgt is going away?

The fact that the LGT is only available w/ the 6MT is most notable, which pretty much ensures that the LGT will be at most an enthusiast-only novelty, much like the BL Spec B. I only buy MTs, but I realize that 85% of the American public is buying ATs.

i really wish we could get some definites ...i guess closer to the time i am ready to buy we wil know more...

where are all the signs that lgt is going away?

The signs that the '10 GT is de-contented.

The sings that it has the same suspension, and possibly brakes as the 2.5i.

The signs that it is manual only, when most of the market prefers automatics... Subaru denies the choice.

The fact that even when fully loaded, the GT still doesn't come with bilsteins, or hardly any other sport package differentiation from the 2.5i or 3.6R Legacys, some of the things that were included on the fully loaded Spec B for 2009, and even it wasn't drastically identifiable as something special.

The fact that the wagon just magically disappeared, as did the aforementioned Legacy GT non-specB in canada, and other things... Subaru usually makes those retraction changes quietly... just all of the sudden gone.

The fact that the LGT is only available w/ the 6MT is most notable, which pretty much ensures that the LGT will be at most an enthusiast-only novelty, much like the BL Spec B. I only buy MTs, but I realize that 85% of the American public is buying ATs.

or they will introduce at dsg type tranny got the GT in the next few years? :spin:

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Considering how luke-warm of a performance car the GT is... that would be a big surprise.

IF they do an automated manual... I would figure it to be on the WRX STI first.

The product mix on the Legacy seems to greatly sway toward the 2.5i CVT for fuel efficiency, or 3.6R/5EAT for the more full-option buyer. The 2.5 GT seems like an also-ran, just to try out the new turbo arrangement, and maintain lip-service of the Legacy being sportier than other cars in it's class. I would be very surprised at this point, if Legacy were to receive an infusion of performance technology on a large scale.

The signs that the '10 GT is de-contented.

didnt subaru just have a few good sales months on the new redesign?

The sings that it has the same suspension, and possibly brakes as the 2.5i.

a non-issue to me since...those component will most likely be swapped out anyways? right? or that ir onder to save money they r&d those parts for the GT and justt slapped them on the 2.5i since the 2.5i is less demanding

The signs that it is manual only, when most of the market prefers automatics... Subaru denies the choice.

STI is offered as a manual only...with lowere models offering everything else in between, they could be trying to head in to the direction...and keeping the GT as a ethusiaists car, and since any kind of DSG hasnt been introduced with subaru(at least that i know of) why no think they are headed into that direction over the next few MY's?

The fact that even when fully loaded, the GT still doesn't come with bilsteins, or hardly any other sport package differentiation from the 2.5i or 3.6R Legacys, some of the things that were included on the fully loaded Spec B for 2009, and even it wasn't drastically identifiable as something special.

But the 2.5i and the GT are pretty seperated when it comes to performance. beilsteins? really? most didnt care about it and lowered the car on coils anyways. for the price that beilsteins would add i would rather have coils...leather from cloth to the egnine is a big enough difference...i thought people wanted more of a seperation between the spec and the regular GT since all the spec got was navi an belsteins? GT now comes with decent tires, not the re92's , 6mt, (yes i know cable operated..blah blah blah) optional navi, while i am disaapointed in the lack of more standard options, i kinda understand where they had to go to keep costs down and make the car more marketable

The fact that the wagon just magically disappeared, as did the aforementioned Legacy GT non-specB in canada, and other things... Subaru usually makes those retraction changes quietly... just all of the sudden gone

prolly has more to do with numbers than anything else. and the fact that those cars most likely did not sell well, while here on this site, we ask for the things we want...the public otherwise decides which way the automaker should go, what they should offer in order to be more profitable(i think most people dont understand this, or at least fail to)...

now i dont know subaru history ...but didnt they offer the 2.5rs impreza, without turbo first then gauged on that how much interest there was for a tuner market? with dealers still holding on to spec b's from 08...how can they justify making an enthusiast type legacy if those cant even sell, and people cant justify that? how then do you expect SOA to pony for a more expensive car that will just sit on the lot?

now...these are just my observations...and i dont have facts to put behind so dont quote them as so...i am just merely stating my opinion based on what i know and see

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

Considering how luke-warm of a performance car the GT is... that would be a big surprise.

The product mix on the Legacy seems to greatly sway toward the 2.5i CVT for fuel efficiency, or 3.6R/5EAT for the more full-option buyer. The 2.5 GT seems like an also-ran, just to try out the new turbo arrangement, and maintain lip-service of the Legacy being sportier than other cars in it's class. I would be very surprised at this point, if Legacy were to receive an infusion of performance technology on a large scale.

true... or you may see them out almost at the same time..people who get the GT are not ni it to save gas money...with the EvoX offering dsg(or tc-sst) in the MR (which i know has its limitations) and the Evo also updating its engine from the mighty 4g63 (which a lot people people doubted) im sure there are a few things in the works for subaru, in order for them to stay competitive, but who knows when they will implement that...now is prolly not that right time since, the whole economy thing

Just an observation here but when I was shopping GT's seemed to outnumber 3.6R's 4 or 5 :1. Nothing scientific here, just every dealer I checked out had at least 10 GT's and only 1 or 2 3.6R's. And, yes, 2.5i's were twice as plentiful as everything else combined.

For me the most important thing was the MT with the turbo engine. I’m tickled pink that I have another one now for 5 + years. With respect to these narrow requirements my choices are limited (a4, LGT, Saab 9-3 or 335xdrive) and I am happy, again, with a Subaru.

Archived