LegacyGT.com

2011 model change

colt 45ss

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
did they have the new wrx before the STi?

Yes

what extra costs are there for the spec B?

larger rims.. a different paint.. a few $1000 from an upholstery shop, and some suspension..

grab the tranny from an sti..

I dont see where theres a TON of R&D in the spec B.

unless they want to make it something more.. notable.. next time around.

Seriously? They have to do a lot of things to make a car work. You can't just slap stuff on something and get it to work.

The suspension bits are expensive, and they have to test to see if they are safe, reasonably comfortable, and fit well with the rest of the parts. As far as upholstery goes, they need to get a bunch of seats and test them out with the airbags that are in the seats and a million other things that we aren't even thinking of. For the tranny, they need new programming for the carputer. As far as wheels go, don't even get me started (remember the explorer issue with tires a couple of years ago).

In addition to all of this, they need to project sales numbers, costs and enter into contracts with suppliers.

They're building something complex, you don't just slap stuff together... They're building a car not a bookshelf.

The bottom line, SoA is only leaving the WRX and STi for the enthusiast car buyers...

No love for the Legacy, well, from 05, it's all been downhill if you think about it - with the exception of the Spec.B

When time comes, definitely no more Subaru for most of us!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Sadly I think you hit the nail on the head. I have had my Legacy since May 05 new and for the last few years sang nothing but praise for my sporty little sedan. The fact that is was different at first offered a turbo power plant, and AWD was a plus. Then the spec was a step in the fight direction for SOA. I always said i would buy another Subie but SOA is making it hard to back up that statement. I have had a mostly problem free ownership experiance with my car ( nothing I didn't cause) but as I hit 100k the thought of a new car turned into the thought of a bulid up long term project keeper.

Archived