LegacyGT.com

September Sales - The 2010 Legacy is the best car EVAR!!!!!

rao

http://media.subaru.com/index.php?s=43&item=111

Sep-09 Sep-08 % chg YTD Sept-09 YTD Sept-08 % chg

Legacy 2,762 2,228 24% 21,298 17,705 20%

Outback* 4,268 2,620 63% 34,023 35,179 -3%

Impreza 2,366 4,098 -42% 37,360 37,142 1%

Forester 4,839 4,804 1% 60,441 44,695 35%

Tribeca 358 741 -52% 5,299 9,067 -42%

Total** 14,593 14,491 1% 158,421 143,788 10%

The Tribeca continues to kick some major ass :lol:

And the party is over for the Impreza :eek:

Kind of unfortunate...

I'd buy an 08-current Tribeca over a '10 Outback at this point. Same size, and the Tribeca looks like a smoother big box of a vehicle, with a nicer interior.

And Forester would appeal to me more if Subaru actually put their best drivetrain gearboxes in it... it doesn't even get the 5EAT, let alone the Spec B's robust 6MT on the XT model, nor does it get an H6, with as big a vehicle as it has become.

Not that I want any of the SUVs Subaru currently sells, really... (and yes, I consider all three of those to now be big, chunky-lookin' SUVs in their respective segments.)

As for performance car... the lack of amenities and looks in the WRX/STI lineup, and the lack of features and looks in the Legacy GT... There is nothing remaining to choose from.

I'd buy three more SVXs first. :D (just gotta throw that in there... since everyone is now expecting me to mention it. :D )

You know what I like about Subaru? You can go to a dealership and they have plenty of MT Subarus on the lot. And you can test drive em.

You go to Ford or Toyota and they roll there eyes at you and say that they would have to special order a car with a MT for you. No you cannot test drive one.

That's unfortunate. I was hoping it wouldn't sell so Subaru would be forced to redesign it! Oh well, maybe the next redesign in 4 years will be better.

Yeah, but maybe the WRX will go small and cheap once again. -42% lol. No one wants to pay 30k for a non sti wrx.

Yeah, but maybe the WRX will go small and cheap once again. -42% lol. No one wants to pay 30k for a non sti wrx.

Not necessarily.

GR Impreza is essentially a slightly shorter BL Legacy in ugly bodywork.

Fix the ugly bodywork bit... offer some decent body-styles, offer leather and a sunroof, and actual features for $30K...

I would switch from BL Legacy to a good sportback sedan Impreza that was similarly configured, for the same cash as MSRP.

I am thinking for the '11 facelift... (2-3 years seems about par for impreza to be re-freshed...) the chassis stays largely the same, maybe with a bit of sorting done to make the suspension even better...

But totally new body and interior, and inclusion of the Toyota/Subaru coupe into the impreza lineup. Back to three bodystyles.

3-door sleek coupe. Toyota Celica meets Impreza 2.5RS.

5-door sleek sedan of a similar shape to Mitsu's new lancer 5-door, and Audi A5 Sportback

5-door boxy hatchback... that is firmed up from the current hunch-back, er, I mean hatchback. More like Mazda 3 and Audi A3 5-door.

And no more chubby-jowl face. The impreza looks flat-nosed compared to the BL Legacy. BM Legacy has left that look a bit behind, as well... why not sleek up the Impreza face with a cross between the BL Legacy GT and the Hawk-eye 06-07 Impreza's headlights, but not the stupid schnozz.

Bring the Impreza lineup up into BL Legacy's shoes, since BM Legacy is obviously leaving that idiom behind. Offer a soft padded dash and up-rated interior on the upper models. Leave the hard plastics for the economy models.

Heck, they could even do a short run of H6 powered, full option cars, and also include the Forester on that one. The Forester could use the H6... Even if it is an updated EZ30 variant or EZ32 (bore of 3.6, stroke of 3.0 motor) rather than EZ36.

THAT would go for $30K. you can't just offer the same old stuff, at a new higher price, and hope people will come running. But lowering the price and the option content cuts off as much, maybe more profit than jacking the price way up on the same stuff that used to sell for less money. More VALUE. More for your money. Something Subaru needs badly to learn again.

Unfortunately, Keep in mind the value of the dollar is falling like a stone... things are going to start to really LOOK expensive. And if wages don't keep pace, it won't matter if you are talking cars or cat food, things will be getting expensive. Stupid monetary policy by our idiot government, ...gonna make everything difficult.

Guest heightsgtltd

If an additional 500 cars over the year previous at the same month is a success for Legacy then bust out the champagne

The outback is clearly a success which is not surprising..

You know what I like about Subaru? You can go to a dealership and they have plenty of MT Subarus on the lot. And you can test drive em.

You go to Ford or Toyota and they roll there eyes at you and say that they would have to special order a car with a MT for you. No you cannot test drive one.

Truth!

Well, Honda usually has a couple MTs on the lot but definitely not common among mainstream manufacturers.

If an additional 500 cars over the year previous at the same month is a success for Legacy then bust out the champagne

The outback is clearly a success which is not surprising..

for one month....that is exceptional considering Subaru is really trying for a banner year this year (over 206,000 vehicles sold). And actually the Outback has been doing EXTREMELY well in sales down here with the Legacy slowly picking up and catching steam.

I saw an Impreza next to a 2000 Legacy L, that sucker is big and much taller than the Legacy. Daymn Subaru.

The disadvantage is that the cargo area is still smaller than the older Legacy wagon. I think that the current Impreza lacks the right proportions.

453747.png

the only thing I miss in my STI over my LGT wagon is a sunroof and heated seats. I have leather with alcantara though so the lack of heated seats is not that big of a deal.

i agree...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived