LegacyGT.com

There is and will never be another Subaru like this...

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am building a super race car started with a striped seam welded chassis and leaving nothing untouched. While working on the project my welder broke and I had to send it in to I decided to bite the bullet on my Legacy and do this little mini build.

My Lego is a 99 30th anny black, MT that I got for 3500 off the east coast. Over the few months I had it I did some little stuff, header, intake, exhaust, wheels, cut wrx springs. Trying to keep the build cheep but effective. A buddy of mine borrowed my wheels for a car show and when I got them back the two of the tires were bald on the inside and one had a bit of curb rash. Needless to say it was not a big deal. I got the wheels for 300 and the tires were free but I wanted to take the 7ver RA Spec C close ratio 6mt and Brembos I had from my old wagon and put it into something.

The welder broke I was like "time for some lego love" Swapped the tranny and noticed the entire underside of the car was rust. Everything that was e-coated was gone so I swapped the entire suspension system. Needed some new wheels, again. So I found these ones, they were aggressive, looked amaing and best of all cheep. Wheel w/ tires were 1400 out the door at discount. Got the all 4 fenders for $60.00, and a few weeks later this is what I have. Took care of all the rust, got a nice looking DD for not very much money at all. Soon an EZ30 will be sitting in the bonnet as well.

So yes there are two builds. 1 Lego DD Build. 1 Super Amazing Death Car.

Johann @ Girodisc

yeah the deep dish 19s go on the race car and the MP wheels on the Lego now are staying on it. I think for now its going to go in flat black primer till spring. Then I am going to need to figure out what color to paint it. I like the green, but black is also at the top of the list.

Johann @ Girodisc

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all. I have been on vacation from the 20th to the 4th and it was great. I haven't been back in the shop yet this week but I should be back on track on Sunday getting the exhaust and the radiator mounted. Sorry for the delay but I was getting some much needed R&R in Hawaii :)

Johann @ Girodisc

P.S. the Legacy will be done before the end of the month.

Archived