LegacyGT.com

Found out the top speed of my Tundra today...

So like the tittle says I determined the top speed of my Tundra today. The governor kills the fun at about 108mph from the look of things.

I also found out (at the same time) that elementary school kids can run a lot faster than you would think given the proper motivation to cross the street more quickly. :lol:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's the difference between a truck bed full of dead babies and a truck bed full of bowling balls?

one is easier to empty with a pitchfork.

Too bad. You could have given us a review of your brush guard too. :lol:

I don't have one installed yet!

Besides brush guards are useless........ what one really needs is a 190lb replacement bumper/front end made from 3/16's steel plate with tube reinforcement with an integrated bull bar. In fact I have an ARB catalog on order for just such a part.

With that a person should be able to mow down deer, antelope, and errant seven year old's without so much as even a mild dent!

257606742_ARBTundra.jpg.e0935cb60e604e4d7174e910e784a4c1.jpg

I am certain that the speed limiter can be changed to a more appropriate number without too much effort.

Probably, but the tires wouldn't be safe at higher speeds, at least not the A/T tires I prefer to run on a truck.

I really really want to swap in the AWD Torsen transfer case from a Land Cruiser 200 into the Tundra. I read a write up on it, and not only does it work but the bolt pattern to the frame is the same, the units are externally the same size, and the control unit is pretty easy to convert over. The only real wrenching involves changing the output flanges for the axles as the Tundra uses a 3/4 ton size flange for the drive shafts.

Then of course I would supercharge it, and put on a long travel suspension with bypass shocks. Because I "need" a 504hp AWD rally truck to tool around in.

You don't have about $8K you could give me do you?

I drove a new Sequoia on the autobahn between Stuttgart and France (strasbourg) back in May. I concur with the 'has a lot more to go' sentiment when the governor kicks in at 108mph. Still, 3 tons of metal moving at triple digits was enough to get most people to move right.

I drove a new Sequoia on the autobahn between Stuttgart and France (strasbourg) back in May. I concur with the 'has a lot more to go' sentiment when the governor kicks in at 108mph. Still, 3 tons of metal moving at triple digits was enough to get most people to move right.

I didn't even know the Sequoia was offered in the European market. Was it owned by a US military service member and just imported while they are stationed in Germany?

Generally people in Europe move to the right regardless of the size of the approaching vehicle...

the same way only ugly americans would be cruising @ triple digits on the autobahn in a f*ckin' sequoia! :lol: i can only assume that pgt was also consuming a hamburger & talking on his cell phone while doing it ... U-S-A! - U-S-A!

:lol:

& the arb bar is sweet but be careful how you option it, the integrated winch box & fog light stations will collect lots of "messy bits" when plowing through your local cross walk :)

Ah but the ARB is designed to deflect objects down and away from the front of the vehicle or underneath if it is a centered up hit. Those Australians don't screw around when it comes to running over kangaroos, dingos, emus, and Aboriginals! There is much research and engineering put into this!

Yeah, Toyota trucks and the 4Runner have stopped at 108 for at least 15 years now. It wasn't an issue on my brother's old 96 until he added the supercharger.

The Tundra has to have a killer top end. Guys are getting stock Dodges to 140 (GPS) after using a programmer to ditch the limiter.

Yeah, Toyota trucks and the 4Runner have stopped at 108 for at least 15 years now. It wasn't an issue on my brother's old 96 until he added the supercharger.

The Tundra has to have a killer top end. Guys are getting stock Dodges to 140 (GPS) after using a programmer to ditch the limiter.

Honestly running any faster than 108 or so on light truck tires is pretty inadvisable anyway.

Archived