LegacyGT.com

Found out the top speed of my Tundra today...

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard Penguin cruises for gay sex partners in his Tundra.

True story!

:lol:

Yep, I lust after my friend's brother and hope to get him drunk for some surprise buttsecs.

Oh well, at least I don't carry a man purse.

• 2 weeks later...
stay stock stay happy

These are not really go fast parts. Replacement bumpers, winches, lighting, snatch blocks, roof racks, increased load suspensions and shocks, camping gear etc.

Pretty good stuff, the replacement bumper/bull bars look like factory parts. They also look sturdy enough to run over animals, children, and annoying crossing guards on the side of the road without so much as a minor dent.:)

true, but they are heavy enough to affect drivability w/out suspension modification. check for your specific application before pulling the trigger. :)

They are kind enough to not only tell you you need upgraded front springs and shocks, but they even give you the part number in the application guide.:lol:

Looks like if I do add a bumper I'll be looking at new springs and shocks that would give me a 2.5" lift in front. If I do it, I'll add the aftermarket rear leaf springs and shocks too.

• 2 weeks later...
I work for a Toyota dealer and today we had a guy with a Tundra, 4x4, Crew Max, 5.7, blah blah blah show up for his first service and to get a bedliner installed. Because of the size, we don't store bedliners on site but just 2 buildings down. Me and the tech used the guys truck to pick it up because of the size and it was the easiest option. Coming back, he had to make a left into 5:30PM traffic so it required a bit of throttle. I was surprised at how that quickly that truck pulled for it's size and heft.:) He said he recently drove a 5.7 that was 2wd and a regular cab with a short bed and he said it could walk a Lightning.:lol:

I work for a Toyota dealer and today we had a guy with a Tundra, 4x4, Crew Max, 5.7, blah blah blah show up for his first service and to get a bedliner installed. Because of the size, we don't store bedliners on site but just 2 buildings down. Me and the tech used the guys truck to pick it up because of the size and it was the easiest option. Coming back, he had to make a left into 5:30PM traffic so it required a bit of throttle. I was surprised at how that quickly that truck pulled for it's size and heft.:) He said he recently drove a 5.7 that was 2wd and a regular cab with a short bed and he said it could walk a Lightning.:lol:

It does alright. Seriously, if I turn off the traction control and floor it from a stop it just incinerates the tires. The truck really doesn't hook up good until about 35-40 mph, anything below that and either the traction nanny cuts power, or you chirp the tires/burnout.

In 1st gear with 4X4 engaged the truck pretty much feels like it leaves the ground with an abrupt mashing of the throttle.:lol:

Oh did I mention that I seriously want this motor in a car?

Hey Toyota are you listening (well obviously not) put this 3URFE 5.7L V8 in a two or four door car and offer the TRD supercharger as an option! Make it handle nicely and try to keep the weight under 4000lbs.

I'll buy one.

Oh did I mention that I seriously want this motor in a car?

Hey Toyota are you listening (well obviously not) put this 3URFE 5.7L V8 in a two or four door car and offer the TRD supercharger as an option! Make it handle nicely and try to keep the weight under 4000lbs.

I'll buy one.

Well, you can get the 2UR (5.0 V8) in the LS600H and IS F....:)

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

Well, you can get the 2UR (5.0 V8) in the LS600H and IS F....:)

True, but I would like something in the $40K range about the size of a Camry/Accord. Oh yeah, AWD would be appreciated as well.

It's not like they don't have a close platform maybe the current GS, and the engine and transmission are already developed....

unpossible, the new Legacy is enormous and has limousine sized interior space :lol:

What was I thinking, you're right!

Although on further review it seems that the 2010 Legacy GT actually has it's horsepower measured on a different scale. Instead of lb-ft of torque Kilo-ft are used. Thus all horsepower measurements are in fact to be converted to regular horsepower by multiplying by 2.2.

So the 2010 LGT with it's 265 Subaru horsepower has to be converted to 583 normal mortal car horsepower.

So it seems my puny V8 would be a downgrade.:lol:

Archived