LegacyGT.com

Spotted: Kitten

PsycoticClown

... in my engine bay...

So I go to my friends house, park my car and start walking away when I hear some meowing noise, look over, no cat or any animal, hear it again, way louder and it's coming from my car. Look under car, nothing, meows like 6 more times, from the engine bay so I pop the hood and see this little guy just sitting there.

Wasn't hurt at all which is weird, the engine bay was damn hot. Thought he would be burnt.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m93/psycoticclown/IMAGE_145.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m93/psycoticclown/IMAGE_144.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m93/psycoticclown/IMAGE_146.jpg

Closed the hood and drove until it smelt ready :p

Jk.

I just made my friend hold it and drove back home, dropped it off outside my house and the thing instantly knew where it was and ran to a nearby house. We were going to take it to the humane society but it closed at 3 and this happened at 3:30 haha.

It's funny, got home 10 minutes ago and there's some girl in my backyard with a chair poking at something in the trees, I was like wtf, girl's like there's a small kitten up there. Sounds like that kitten is having tons of fun haha.

Should have retrieved the kitten, offered it to the girl as a gift, then took her out for a drink to celebrate.

Kittens always win the girls.

BTW: If anyone here has ever seen www.ICanHasCheezburger.com, I think we've found their new "Engine Cat".

Engine cat is in your intake, messin' wif you're mass airfwow sensor! :lol:

Rarely do I use internet-speak, but this thread has delivered the lolz several times over. Thank you.

I'm glad that cat was alright. My parents had a farm in ~1985 in which a neighbors cat crawled into the car's radiator fan shroud to stay out of the cold/enjoy some leftover warmth.

But the cat was there the next day when the car was started. The car decorated the interior of the engine bay thereafter.

I'm glad yours was ok, and I can't believe the cat somehow crawled up there and stayed there during your drive :)

Joe

you should check for hair balls. Also since cats hide their poo you may want to keep your nose and eye open for odd smells....:p Funny story glad the kitty didnt hurt your car cats can be replaced for free regularly but not LGT's :lol:

Not all cats are easy to scare! And some cats are outright ignorant and oblivious to danger!

It happens now and then that cats are sitting on tractor wheels at farms and then the tractor is started and the cat remains. And then the farmer starts driving and you have a squished cat. One of those fine Darwin moments. :spin:

453747.png

'Tis true...

When I was about 8, our cat crawled into the engine bay of my fathers 67' Chevy pickup. Drove down to the hardware store and back with the little guy in there. The engine got a little too hot for him; but he remained in there. Poor thing had to taken to the vet's office for burns to his paws...all four of them. Had to bandage all four paws up for awhile.

Now that's funny...trying to watch a cat walk with all fours paws taped up...

Archived