LegacyGT.com

Does SOA read the forums?

subaduba

There seems to be much anger and frustration from a very passionate and loyal fan base here. I just wonder if anyone is actually listing? I think the new styling could have remained in the direction that Subaru wanted to go in which is more main stream but if there were focus groups with current owners there could have been more harmony and possibly an even greater fan base.

I want to buy a Subaru but they just came up short. This may not have happened if more front end work was done.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. I know it's hard to accept, but we are such a small part of the market, we are statistically insignificant.

We may be a small group.

But we are probably also, collectively the most knowledgeable group of Legacy buyers, and aside from the car departing entirely from the purposes that most of us prefer, tend to be very loyal, very vocal, and particular group.

The original poster is not that far off. If they had built the car just a LITTLE more toward the enthusiasts here, we would be much more pleased with the results, would be more forgiving of smaller, fewer drawbacks, and more likely to continue to be Subaru buyers, rather than migrating to Audi or Infiniti, or others.

And, for being a better car, it would still be appealing, probably even moreso to less involved buyers.

Wanting a car to be true to it's purpose, while looking dignified and attractive is a good thing, not a drawback.

But not only does SOA not seem to want to listen, they actually seem to want to actively limit information, per some people who have actually discussed the issue with insiders. SOA seems to want to color history toward current, and away from the previous model, and limit the information that people have, to avoid buyers that are demonstrably more informed than their own dealers' sales staffs.

The original poster is not that far off. If they had built the car just a LITTLE more toward the enthusiasts here, we would be much more pleased with the results, would be more forgiving of smaller, fewer drawbacks, and more likely to continue to be Subaru buyers, rather than migrating to Audi or Infiniti, or others.

And, for being a better car, it would still be appealing, probably even moreso to less involved buyers.

Indeed! I would shoot for a top of the line 3.6 liter H6 Legacy if it had the visual appeal of the previous gen, and they didn't skimp on features like folding mirrors to save a buck. As it is, when I look at the 2010 Legacy, it gives me no desire to buy one. I'm likely to shoot for a BMW next time, as when I see a 328xi, I say to myself, "There's a car I could see myself in!" as I used to do when the 2005 Legacy came out!

OP, you may have more luck at nasioc.com but SOA seems to be actively censoring what is posted there so good luck if it is not positive.

Post it here, we would love to read why 'they just came up short'. It may match some of our opinions.

Krzys

OP, you may have more luck at nasioc.com but SOA seems to be actively censoring what is posted there so good luck if it is not positive.

Post it here, we would love to read why 'they just came up short'. It may match some of our opinions.

Krzys

they don't sensor anything. if they did they would have removed some of the hundred million posts from unclemat calling the 2010 a barge.

and yes SOA does listen because they did what most Legacy shoppers have asked for, they made the car bigger and improved mileage (albeit only for the N/A motor). believe it or not, enthusiast online forums are not their primary source of data collection.

believe it or not, enthusiast online forums are not their primary source of data collection.

Or their Primary source of income... we are the guys who work on and fix our cars Ourselves and buy Aftermarket parts, we aren't making them any extra money. Sure if we like their products we will buy more of them, but they are looking to make the guy who is interested in buying an Accord, buy a Subaru instead. They are looking to increase their market share, because that means they make more money. if in the process they lose the sliver of their enthusiast market who is modding legacies, what do they care? they still have the attention of the Impreza crowd, and they are more numerous than we.

JP@u1

Are you actively denegrating yourself as well as the rest of us? Or are you not a Subaru Legacy enthusiast?

"Oh, we're just nuisance enthusiasts who do our thing... it is fine to ignore us. In fact, please do."

I am sure they'll be happy to oblige.

Do you think the same way about other products and services that you like? that you don't, and shouldn't be taken into consideration?

They lost me when then axed the Legacy wagon.

I'll be getting an Audi wagon next time as long as they bring the S4 Avant. :D;)

i went close to that route, and i kinda regret it...dont get me wrong audi is a nice luxury car....but to be an enthusiast without breaking the bank...the grass always seems greener on the other side...until you're on that side.

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Guest heightsgtltd
It's been confirmed that they read this forum. It's also been proven by the 2010 redesign that they don't listen to anything said on here :lol:

It's been confirmed that they read this forum. It's also been proven by the 2010 redesign that they don't listen to anything said on here :lol:

Then again, the "sheets" ad posted on youtube where they stretched the image of the car to make it look sleeker, and smoothed out the wheel well arches a little, makes you wonder! Now, if only they could do that to the actual car!

Archived