LegacyGT.com

Subaru Posts Record Sales in July

Amoxi

It costs less than the old one, has more room, and gets significantly better gas mileage. Sitting inside of one the other day I think that the interior is step above any of the previous generations. Whether the enthusiasts here like the car or not, the car buying public will like it and buy it.

It costs less because you're getting less.

I hope you think it's a step above. You have a 99'.:lol:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heaven forbid SOA does well with this car....:spin:

At this point, me wanting SOA to do well with this '10 Legacy is like...

Someone wanting their cheating boyfriend or girlfriend to be happy with the other person they are 'schtupping.'

"Gee, I wish this person that I like, and is now going after someone else, I hope that other person ends up being their soulmate."

Subaru, Legacy specifically, is cheating on enthusiasts, and screwing around with appliance buyers instead.

When they crowd the GT out of existence entirely due to product planning decisions, that will be Legacy breaking it off, and leaving a box of our (the enthusiasts) stuff outside our doorstep, and that will be all.

Someone wanting their cheating boyfriend or girlfriend to be happy with the other person they are 'schtupping.'

"Gee, I wish this person that I like, and is now going after someone else, I hope that other person ends up being their soulmate."

Subaru, Legacy specifically, is cheating on enthusiasts, and screwing around with appliance buyers instead.

When they crowd the GT out of existence entirely due to product planning decisions, that will be Legacy breaking it off, and leaving a box of our (the enthusiasts) stuff outside our doorstep, and that will be all.

If that's the case, then Subaru isn't the only cheating gf out there...:hide:

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Some of you seem to forget that the Legacy's legacy in the US is not a turbo GT model.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It costs less because you're getting less.

I hope you think it's a step above. You have a 99'.:lol:

the people who keep talking about decontenting fail to talk about what's been added. you can right them off all you want... but the fact remains

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some of you seem to forget that the Legacy's legacy in the US is not a turbo GT model.

So it is just that easy for you...

Just write it off for enthusiasts, or conversely write enthusiasts off as buyers. Who gives a rip, right?

It is that mentality that allowed this to happen.

It is that mentality that has me buying a 17 year old Subaru, and not considering ANY new one at all.

That is an easy repeat sale... that they have LOST, with no certainty that their new direction will gain a lot of loyal buyers.

Even if the new Legacy sells merely on it's novelty right now... who is to say that some other company won't come out with something better, and lure those appliance buyers away the next time.

Subaru DOES have a legacy of being a high brand-loyalty line... and they are essentially disregarding a portion of that loyal existing customer base. Maybe not the repeat outback SUV-alternative buyer... but the high-performance AWD enthusiast buyer is not being served well at all...

But you can just dismiss that, and say things like "Legacy's legacy is not turbocharged..." to rationalize, and justify whatever Subaru does. Just like people are rationalizing and justifying WRX and STI's softer than previous handling, and hunchback looks, just like people have been justifying Impreza's looks for a long time...

But there aren't that many of us enthusiasts. The GT hasn't been selling well of late and I have a feeling that the size of the last gen. was a factor.

I have faith in Subaru though. The '08 WRX looked like crap. The '09 got some enhancements so that it now looks like I car that I would purchase. So I am confident that Subaru will give us a nice lookin vehicle...at some point. And if not, well Subarus are reliable vehicles. Whats waiting 5 more years?

If that's the case, then Subaru isn't the only cheating gf out there...:hide:

Some other companies have always 'dated' the appliance buyers... they aren't cheating, they are being loyal.

But the enthusiast companies, Subaru, Mazda perhaps could also be accused... ARE cheating on their enthusiast base with appliance buyers, when they water down their enthusiast-grade cars.

Pontiac is being put to death, which is a whole lot more serious, and permanent. And while being perhaps stupid, Pontiac isn't really guilty... GM is just executing the innocent for political reasons.

Ford is a cougar... (not a Mercury Cougar) an old dame trying to attract younger suitors with 40 year old tech and styling... The stuff that once attracted the previous generation.

Chrysler and GM are basically doing the same thing with Camaro and Challenger... Corvette simply happens to still be hot at that age (and expects a suitor to spend $$$ for the privilege), rather than over-weight.

Hyundai is sending it's young daughter out into the dating world... the Genesis Coupe. I guess we'll see if anyone comes calling to bring her flowers...

And the country club tennis court set, BMW, Audi, Porsche and such... are still high maintenance women. (equivalent to the women who ask what you drive, and expect you to say one of those brands, before they'll even talk to you.)

So it is just that easy for you...

Just write it off for enthusiasts, or conversely write enthusiasts off as buyers. Who gives a rip, right?

It is that mentality that allowed this to happen.

It is that mentality that has me buying a 17 year old Subaru, and not considering ANY new one at all.

That is an easy repeat sale... that they have LOST, with no certainty that their new direction will gain a lot of loyal buyers.

Even if the new Legacy sells merely on it's novelty right now... who is to say that some other company won't come out with something better, and lure those appliance buyers away the next time.

Subaru DOES have a legacy of being a high brand-loyalty line... and they are essentially disregarding a portion of that loyal existing customer base. Maybe not the repeat outback SUV-alternative buyer... but the high-performance AWD enthusiast buyer is not being served well at all...

But you can just dismiss that, and say things like "Legacy's legacy is not turbocharged..." to rationalize, and justify whatever Subaru does. Just like people are rationalizing and justifying WRX and STI's softer than previous handling, and hunchback looks, just like people have been justifying Impreza's looks for a long time...

This car will get me back into a Legacy... and I am an enthusiast with an STI. Subaru disregarded their core customer base in 2004 when they came out with new Legacy. Subaru went chasing vehicles out of its league. The cars were too expensive, the GT didn't upsell WRX customers. The Legacy Sedan was a bigger failure than the Tribeca, baja, and SVX combined. It was supposed to get Subaru to 250,000 Sales by 2005

It never ceases to amaze me how much BS can be rationalized.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This car will get me back into a Legacy... and I am an enthusiast with an STI. Subaru disregarded their core customer base in 2004 when they came out with new Legacy. Subaru went chasing vehicles out of its league. The cars were too expensive, the GT didn't upsell WRX customers. The Legacy Sedan was a bigger failure than the Tribeca, baja, and SVX combined. It was supposed to get Subaru to 250,000 Sales by 2005

It never ceases to amaze me how much BS can be rationalized.

But it won't get you back into a Legacy because of it's performance.

If you wanted performance, you would be, or you will be keeping your STI...

ARE YOU INSANE????????? The 2005 to 2009 Legacy is a better car in EVERY WAY than the 2000-2004 Legacy.

I blame the Legacy nameplate's obscurity, to the point that people don't even recognize it in some cases... ON THE BORING AS HELL 2000-2004 LEGACY. When the BL came along, and was barely even mentioned by Subaru marketing, how can you blame people for not knowing about it?

The 2000-2004 was a solid car. The outback version was very popular, and I see them everywhere. but it was about as much fun as watching paint dry.

The BL Legacy targeted the Audi A4, and ACTUALLY OFFERED BETTER VALUE. For your belly-aching about rear seat leg room, the 2005 Legacy was OPULENT compared to the 2005 Audi A4, and offered more power and standard AWD for thousands less than a 2.0T A4 Quattro of that day.

SUBARU failed the Legacy by not letting anyone know about it. The BL Legacy is a fantastic car with some detail issues, and an utter lack of market awareness. Subaru's product planning has gone demonstrably down hill since.

If BL Legacy had a real problem when it was launched in the US it was the fact that it didn't offer the 3.0R engine right away, for a bit more diverse market appeal, when other companies have offered V6s for a VERY long time. JDM got the 3.0R Legacy from the start, AND A SPORT PACKAGE 3.0R SPEC B, with a manual gearbox. IN ADDITION to the GT and GT Spec B.

SOA didn't reach 250,000 sales because that was an unrealistic goal for a company that doesn't know how to SELL the cars they build. They BOTCHED the first generation Tribeca. It should have NEVER been brought to market looking the way it did...

Instead of offering a wider product spread, with wider appeal, they started CANCELLING OPTIONS, COLOR CHOICES, AND BODY STYLES!

You come here and denegrate enthusiasm in the Legacy product line, by dismissing Legacy's enthusiast appeal, and you give SOA a pass on drastically poor product planning choices.

Who do you think you are talking to on this forum? Appliance buyers?

Get a bloody clue, because you are completely operating on some sort of idiocy that doesn't bear resemblance to actual reality and history.

YOU HAVE to be operating for SOA in some capacity. There is absolutely no other reason for you to DENEGRATE the BL Legacy as badly as you just have, in favor of the new product that SOA is trying to foist on people.

YOU REEK OF SOA'S NEW INFORMATION CONTROL REVISIONIST POLICY.

Tribeca never took off, but as an a 3.5 year owner of one with 50,000 miles I can say it has been a great vehicle. Build quality has been good and it has been very reliable. On the highway we can get about 23 mpg and it drives very nicely. I have grown to really like the appearance of it especially in Atlantic Blue Pearl with the roof rack. Too bad for Subaru the investment didn't pay off.

I can think of a few reasons why the Tribeca didn't really attract people.

1. It isn't really attractive. Especially the model with the front that did look like a SAAB 93B.

2. The fuel consumption is too high to make it competitive against the Outback.

3. It's way too close to the Outback in features while priced a lot higher.

4. Anyone thinking of the Tribeca would probably look at other cars like the Volvo XC 90 and Audi Q7, and the people purchasing it doesn't consider Subaru to be a premium brand.

5. The engine would have needed a turbo to allow for suitable performance for the class the car is aiming at.

So even though it has a set of followers I see it as even more odd than the SVX and the old wedge-shaped XT.

453747.png

2. The fuel consumption is too high to make it competitive against the Outback.

3. It's way too close to the Outback in features while priced a lot higher.

4. Anyone thinking of the Tribeca would probably look at other cars like the Volvo XC 90 and Audi Q7, and the people purchasing it doesn't consider Subaru to be a premium brand....

price-wise they are nowhere near the Q7 or XC90.

it's not supposed to be competitive against the outback. :rolleyes:

price-wise they are nowhere near the Q7 or XC90.

They are here. :spin:

it's not supposed to be competitive against the outback. :rolleyes:

Supposed - yes, but reality may be different. The logic people uses may be completely different from what you expect.

453747.png

Where is the logic of making the '10 Outback 3.6R as big as, and pretty much configured the same as, yet UGLIER than a 5-passenger Tribeca?

Wasn't outback supposed to be the non-SUV alternative to an SUV? It pretty much IS an SUV at this point.

Logic has waved bye bye to SOA long ago.

In fact all Forester, Tribeca and now Outback are competing directly in the same segment. Aside from Tribeca's 7-passenger capacity (which is dubious anyway, it's really tight), all are similar size, function, and even styling wise...

And AFAIR, it was the Legacy wagon that "created customer's confusion" :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by The B4 View Post

the people who keep talking about decontenting fail to talk about what's been added. you can right them off all you want... but the fact remains

Wow! Bluetooth was added! What else was added that is worth a crap?

Electric e-brake??:lol:

Still waiting.....what was added???? Ugly headlights?? Hyundai tail, Aztek wheel flares? Camry styling? Flat seats?:wub:

There is two things I like on the 2010. Hood lifts and the hinges on the trunk.

The doors close nice also.

Archived