LegacyGT.com

swaybar suggestions??

specialB

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AVO and Perrins are also good. There is alot of controversy about what size on front and rear (22mm vs 25mm) to run however. I'm still on the fence what sizes I want to run when I purchase mine. You may want to look into new end links too. The stock ones tend to be the weak point when you upgrade the bars. Also if you are doing a rear sway bar, you may want to look into the reinforcement bracket as the subframe becomes a weak point as well. This all depends on what sized bar you get and how hard you drive your car.

You can get away with just the rear (AVO only makes a rear bar). Reinforcement bracket a must . AVO and progress bars come with them.

Overall for the $ Whitelines and Progress bars are the best bang for the buck.

If you get Perrin's from Fred Beans, they come with the bracket for the rear mounts. I'll be (hopefully) ordering 22mm's F+R from them this week.

Got my Perrin bar from Fred Beans - they should be able to hook you up with a sale price :)

I think I'm convinced to go with the Perrin setup from fredbeans, I like ordering from them. So I don't get why the larger 25mm front bar gives more understeer?? Shouldn't it make the ride stiffer and in turn track better around corners with a more stable feel? I feel like the 22's would let the front end dive more around corners..

I think I'm convinced to go with the Perrin setup from fredbeans, I like ordering from them. So I don't get why the larger 25mm front bar gives more understeer?? Shouldn't it make the ride stiffer and in turn track better around corners with a more stable feel? I feel like the 22's would let the front end dive more around corners..

It's the opposite. A larger rear bar causes the rear end to want to "step out" if you will under a hard, aggressive turn. The ride really dosen't change because ride quality isn't affected like it is with springs or struts. What's affected is how the chassis reacts when put into a turn.

Damn bills. I couldn't order my bars today like I wanted. Oh, well. I'll be getting a commission check next week along with a regular pay check (:rolleyes:) so that will cover it nicely. Plus after that, I work a Saturday so that means a little more in the next so I can get them on as well!:)

ok sooo i just put together my shopping cart on fredbeans for the front and rear perrin 22mm bars and front and rear endlinks. im looking at about 5 and a half for the price tag, is that decent or did someone get a better deal?? please respond quick i wanna buybuybuy! haha

Beans pricing is about as good as it gets. Perrin is running a 13% off sale on their website and FB is within $5 of that. Just with you being in NY, you might get it quicker depending on where Perrin is located. Plus FB has awesome customer service. Click on the shopping cart and check out, son!

Archived