LegacyGT.com

swaybar suggestions??

specialB

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok sooo i just put together my shopping cart on fredbeans for the front and rear perrin 22mm bars and front and rear endlinks. im looking at about 5 and a half for the price tag, is that decent or did someone get a better deal?? please respond quick i wanna buybuybuy! haha

Call or PM them. I'm sure they can give a discount for being a LGT.Com member. Fred Beans is #1 you'll have your parts the next day if ordered in the AM.

Just installed my rear Perrin 22mm sway. I think I should do the front also.

22mm or 25? Don't want a harsh ride.

You won't need the 25 unless you do track duty. It is not really noticible until you start pushing into a corner and no harshness increase. I love mine. In fact, you rode in my car.....it corners flat when you push hard.

FYI, John is all set, this Fri we fix his CEL and do the 60. He almost bought an Autozone O2 :eek:.

You won't need the 25 unless you do track duty. It is not really noticible until you start pushing into a corner and no harshness increase. I love mine. In fact, you rode in my car.....it corners flat when you push hard.

FYI, John is all set, this Fri we fix his CEL and do the 60. He almost bought an Autozone O2 :eek:.

Yes, your car cornered real flat. That's what made me want to get them!

Front bar should be here Tuesday. Can't wait to get the front on.

Thanks for getting back to John. I told him it was probably an O2 sensor.

22mm F + R (Perrin), with stock links. I regret not going 25mm every day.

Part of your problem is the stock links, Perrin links for example will tighten it up a bit. With that said, I'm running Perrin 22mm F+R w/endlinks and still wish I went 25 up front. My 22 is currently set to the stiff setting.

Part of your problem is the stock links, Perrin links for example will tighten it up a bit. With that said, I'm running Perrin 22mm F+R w/endlinks and still wish I went 25 up front. My 22 is currently set to the stiff setting.

25mm may be too much for winters up here - not enough compliance. The local Impreza guys unhook or remove their rear bars for the winter.

I agree, aftermarket endlinks, particularly the bushing style vs the spherical bearing, should tighten things up a bit.

My MSI endlinks came with two different sets of polyurethane bushings with different durometers (applicable to bushings?). Anyhow, two sets with different hardness. I'm running the harder motorsport bushings to keep things as tight as possible.

Are they on the stiffest setting?

Both, and there's still way too much lean.

I don't care about compliance for winter. I would simply revert to the softest setting for winter. I swap my suspension out every fall/spring anyway. One set for summer, one set for winter. It's so easy anyway.

I got whiteline rear sway, but the seller told me they were 3way and that is why I got them. (they are not 3way, i was mis-informed)

I'm looking at Perrin now, but the vendor I purchased my whiteline said they make garbage suspension and would not trust that brand.

I really want a stiff rear sway bar as I like getting the car sideways, I come from the realm of 240sx and love drifting.

Should I stick with my whiteline rear sway or Perrin? I will be using Group-A endlinks.

I plan on keeping the front sway stock, maybe upgrade the endlinks. I want oversteer :)

I have whitelines F&R adj. and I like them. I would say what ever you do get adjustable bars so you can tune the car to how you like.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Does the bar have two holes at each end? If so, it's got 3 settings.

I got whiteline rear sway, but the seller told me they were 3way and that is why I got them. (they are not 3way, i was mis-informed)

I'm looking at Perrin now, but the vendor I purchased my whiteline said they make garbage suspension and would not trust that brand.

I really want a stiff rear sway bar as I like getting the car sideways, I come from the realm of 240sx and love drifting.

Should I stick with my whiteline rear sway or Perrin? I will be using Group-A endlinks.

I plan on keeping the front sway stock, maybe upgrade the endlinks. I want oversteer :)

If your objective is to drift, you bought the wrong car. :redface: Regularly drifting it will destroy the center diff. With that said, I have all Perrin sways+endlinks and they've performed+held up well so far.

^^ What are the 3 settings? Disconnecting the swaybar, hole 1 and hole 2?

Hole 1 and hole 2 will be firm or soft depending... eg both endlinks on hole 1 will be full firm, both on hole 2 will be full soft, and then using one of each on either end and crossing the connection will give you the third 'medium' setting.

A 3 hole swaybar will give up to 5 settings.

The Perrin website has some good information - http://www.perrinperformance.com/products/show/318/Sway-Bar-Rear-25MM-

the Features tab explains the different settings.

Archived