LegacyGT.com

Sway bar suggestions 05 lgt

oside13

Subimod.com also is offering the Cobb sway bars which have been out of production even longer than the Perrin 22mm rear bars. :confused:

They claim: Which would seem to indicate that they have left over stock :redface: or they don't update their web site as to what they carry.:spin:

Has anybody had any experience buying from them recently?

I've gotten numerous things from Subimods- Whiteline Adj Sways F/R with Karboy endlinks, Cobb springs, Cobb AP, Magnaflow CBE with a Vibrant Performance Resonator in midpipe, Hella supertones and HID's. Joe and Dan are great guys.

I thought they had updated their website - they're now just in the E. Hartford facility. The overhead for 2 sites was just too much and the New London site wasn't doing enough volume.

I think they've sold all their Cobb sways but I would definitely pm them or call. They'll pricematch, so you might be able to do better than the website prices. Just be sure to mention you know them from LGT. Also, the more you buy, the better the prices. And for those in the area, they'll do install as well and are now starting fabrication of their own stuff (exhaust etc.) I was just in there last week.

I recommend them highly.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kartboy has a set of spacers specifically for their endlinks and Whiteline bars; maybe that would make it fit like it's supposed to?

http://www2.kartboy.com/x4/product.php?productid=16185&cat=264&bestseller=Y

No, those are for a different aspect of the fit. Those help square up the links, but the problem I was referring to earlier is that the holes in Kartboy's endlinks are of a larger diameter than the bolts that Kartboy provides to attach them with. The bolts match the stock sways and the whitelines, the holes in the endlinks are just too big.

im running perrin 22mm F&R with rallitek HD endlinks F&R. install was very self explanatory and quick and the ride feels 100 times tighter. i've never had any other setup other than stock so i cant compare to other size bars but i am satisfied and cant wait to drop in the H-Techs in the spring

For those people that already have aftermarket endlinks... are you finding out that basically any endlink can be fitted to any sway bar? I know that people have brand preferences, but can I choose any one or do I need to be really careful about which endlink I choose for whatever sway bar I choose?

Thanks.

Far as I know, they're all interchangeable. The main difference is how them cope with the changing angles when the suspension moves.

ball joints = more NVH, and they get sloppy / rattle / wear out

plastic bushings = less NVH, quiet, long life

You can see where my bias is. :)

ball joints = more NVH, and they get sloppy / rattle / wear out

plastic bushings = less NVH, quiet, long life

You can see where my bias is. :)

Except you missed one very important point . . . the ball joints perform better. (less flex, tighter ride)

I've had mine for a year now and haven't had any issues with noise, vibration, or anything like that.

• 2 weeks later...
i just bought a 2005 outback xt and i want to upgrade the sways. i don't know if there is that big of a difference between the lgt and obxt when it comes to fitment. whiteline is the only brand that verifies correct fit that i have seen. help is welcomed! :)

I don't have Outback experience, but I love my Whiteline adjustable sways. I'd recommend sways as the first non-negotiable upgrade for any legacy platform. The adjustability is nice if you have to drive in snow and want to loosen the RSB.

I haven't heard any negative Whiteline reviews if that is your concern.

• 7 months later...
im running perrin 22mm F&R with rallitek HD endlinks F&R. install was very self explanatory and quick and the ride feels 100 times tighter. i've never had any other setup other than stock so i cant compare to other size bars but i am satisfied and cant wait to drop in the H-Techs in the spring

I too am running Perrin 22 F & R, with the stock end links. Adding the bars certainly made an improvement to body roll, but I don't feel like it was night and day. Live in New England, not sure whether the 25s would have been too harsh but I know when I first put in the 22s I found myself wishing I'd gone bigger front and back.

Re end-links, would worn stock end-links cause jiggling type noises front and rear over uneven surfaces? Shock mounts seem tight, bushings on bars are fine, bar is mounted tightly. Will new links enhance the sway bar performance, or is that mfgr hype?http://legacygt.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running Perrin 25mm f/r sb's on my 08 with Kartboy solid El's with stock suspension and it is locked down tight, but still rides very nice. These bars are stout, the front is on the softer setting and the rear is set stiffer. This setup works well but I smell a set of BC coilovers in my future.

IMO D$

• 3 months later...

Long story short... my wife was in an accident and her 05 legacy 2.5i was damaged enough to be considered a total. It's the 2005 ABP here-

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/post-your-accident-photos-76608p83.html

I'll be taking off the the car a Cusco 21mm Rear Sway Bar and Kartboy Front and Rear Endlinks.

I was originally thinking about installing on my own LegacyGT a set of Progress 22mm Front and Rear Swaybars with rear reinforcement brackets. I was wondering how much of a difference I might feel between the 21mm Cusco rear bar and the 22mm rear bar. It's a small difference, but I don't know how much it will affect the car. Also, If I use the Cusco 21mm rear, I will have a slightly larger in front. I'm looking to have a stiffer, but more balanced car. Since I already have the 21mm Rear and endlinks, I can invest a little more in the front (get whatever brand is best) and also get the AVO Rear Stabilizer Mounts. (sorry for rambling)

Any thoughts about the same bar size front and rear versus having slightly larger in front? Thanks.

According to the Perrin web site the OEM front bar is 21mm so if you use your Cusco 21mm rear bar with the OEM front you will have a matched set. Many suppliers like Cobb and Perrin sold matched sway bar sets but others like RalliTEK sell a sway bar set with a larger front bar. I would guess that a matched set would eliminate more understeer and make the car prone to snap oversteer in slippery conditions. But I could be wrong.

• 8 months later...

I'll be installing a 25mm bar from a B9 Tribeca soon to match up with the 22mm Perrin rear.

I'm running Swift springs on Bilsteins so the ride is quite firm. 25mm bars might be too much for some with this setup but I would like to get as gokart-like as possible, particularly since it's a wagon :)

Perhaps the wagons could benefit from the stiffer bars more than the sedans?

I was intrigued by the idea of running a B9 Tribeca front bar after reading about a fews guys building up first gen Legacys using them. However, due to the longer length of the arms, the bar, effectivey, becomes something like a 22.2mm bar (I mean ON a 1st gen Legacy).

How does the length of the bars affect forth gen Legacys? Any fitment issues? The appeal is the price, especially if the length of the bar is closer to what a 4th gen Legacy needs.

I assume these bars also fit a 2nd gen Legacy? I want to know because I'd like my next project car to be a 2nd gen (won't be getting rid of my '06, I just want something I can build into a fun autocross car for not too much money).

H2OSB

shtbxr22 did a nice writeup on the Tribeca bars on the 4th gen 2.5i's here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2-5i-subaru-25mm-front-sway-bar-111718.html?t=111718&highlight=tribeca+bar

Regarding fitment, you just need to use the different style of endlink to match the new orientation the bar at the ends (C vs S shape).

• 2 years later...

Bringing this thread back from the dead. Done my research and its a toss on either the 22mm f/r or 25 f/r with the rear mount kit. Question to all is the part numbers for the perrin rear sway bar? Yes I know they discontinued them but I am finding them from different sites but getting different part numbers on what they fit. Here are a few links can anyone help me out.

This link on ebay says it fits my 05 legacy gt but perrin site says its for sti

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perrin-PSP-SUS-207-Rear-Adjustable-Sway-Bar-w-Mounts-/300805703114?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2005|Model%3ALegacy&hash=item46096ac5ca&vxp=mtr

Do any other rear sway bars fit from wrx?

Archived