LegacyGT.com

Sway bar suggestions 05 lgt

oside13

Anti-roll bars are mostly just compensating for spring rate. With bigger bars you're increasing roll resistance but you don't need to increase the spring rates.

I run the Progress 22mm bars with iON springs and I love it. Finally changing out my stock struts for Tokicos next week. Don't worry about end-links until the stock set dies.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND PERRIN 25mm FRONT and 22mm REAR

Both adjustable - I am absolutely THRILLED with my cars neutral bias as i slide around the autox track.

nice that is exactly what i'm looking for. on the stock bars during auto-x i had a little too much body roll and slight plow into corners, but car seemed pretty predictable. dont want too get tail happy. what strut/springs you running?

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Both adjustable - I am absolutely THRILLED with my cars neutral bias as i slide around the autox track.

nice that is exactly what i'm looking for. on the stock bars during auto-x i had a little too much body roll and slight plow into corners, but car seemed pretty predictable. dont want too get tail happy. what strut/springs you running?

I'll probably being doing the Perrin 25mm front and 22mm rear and then a koni/rallitek strut spring combo.

How harsh would the ride be with the Perrin 25s front and back, if I'm running stock struts and springs? Stimulus funding has not reached MA rds once you're off the Big Dig. Thx

Sway bars don't effect the ride "harshness" so to speak.

ug im trying to decide between Rallitek 22mm front and 19mm rear or going with the Perrin 25mm front 22mm rear. Plus side is Rallitek is almost $40 cheaper but the Perrin comes with an upgraded rear sway mount. Hmmmm

looks like you are on oem struts/springs and oem rubber?

that could explain things.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

I have the Rallitek / IPD set (front and rear). I like them, no complaints. I've done a few autocross events and have had no issues. The handling is very neutral and I have very little body roll, both on and off the track. I'm also using Megan Racing coil-overs, Group A end-links, and AVO rear sway mounts.

looks like you are on oem struts/springs and oem rubber?

that could explain things.

What would you recommend for a car that (hopefully) will sooner or later get different wheels, rubber, and a moderate drop on possibly Tokicos? 22mm F+R?

ug im trying to decide between Rallitek 22mm front and 19mm rear or going with the Perrin 25mm front 22mm rear. Plus side is Rallitek is almost $40 cheaper but the Perrin comes with an upgraded rear sway mount. Hmmmm

Some of the Rallitek stuff is back ordered for 2-3 weeks :-(

What would you recommend for a car that (hopefully) will sooner or later get different wheels, rubber, and a moderate drop on possibly Tokicos? 22mm F+R?

like stated previously you can run bigger bars on oem suspension and rubber, but when you change all that you dont need bars that big because then it could be too much and depending on your tires you could be breaking loose way too early up front.

i'm leaning towards perrin 22mm solid adj f & r for now. would like to go 25 front and 22 rear, but unless i know someone with that setup to check it out ill prob play it safe. last thing i want is the front letting go first. im more worried about the winter as i dont think my winter tires can handle a 25mm bar up front. not worried so much about my summer setup.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

like stated previously you can run bigger bars on oem suspension and rubber, but when you change all that you dont need bars that big because then it could be too much and depending on your tires you could be breaking loose way too early up front.

i'm leaning towards perrin 22mm solid adj f & r for now. would like to go 25 front and 22 rear, but unless i know someone with that setup to check it out ill prob play it safe. last thing i want is the front letting go first. im more worried about the winter as i dont think my winter tires can handle a 25mm bar up front. not worried so much about my summer setup.

Aaahhhh, gotcha. Sounds like I'll be alright with 22 F+R with future plans of a slight drop and better rubber.;)

I have the Perrin 25F and 22R

Currently on stock struts and springs with Yoko S-Drives (225/45/17)

The beauty is that they are ADJUSTABLE - I'm currently running the front bar on SOFT and rear bar on MEDIUM and the car is COMPLETELY NUETRAL when AUTOXing . . . .

I can't recommend it highly enough - most people who get 22f 22r regret not going larger on the front!!! I know now that I've upgraded my tires, I'm planning on putting the front on firm and rear on HARD.

Archived