LegacyGT.com

CO: Monthly "Drive It, Drive It" Meet.

eekay

eekay-Im glad to see someone trying to keep the meetups regular. I couldnt organize one, but ill try to show up when someone else puts it together. Plus, theres never enough time to gawk at all the beautiful leggys...

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hah! Okay. Sounds good. :) Maciek still in town/going to be in town? Gotta text him to get a hold of him anymore...
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Well my anuall camping trip is the weekend of the 10th so i wont be able to make it but I have posted two possible get together ideas in the mountain west chat thread if anyones interested.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

His baby is arriving early next week, my guess is we will not be seeing him for some time to come...

Ah. Yes. You're probably right.

His baby is arriving early next week, my guess is we will not be seeing him for some time to come...

This is why I do not yet have children - still a little too selfish with time and money.

Assuming the flywheel gets here in time, I'm doing the clutch and flywheel this weekend (wish me luck). So I should be good to go for the 10th.

A friend and I did the clay bar and Meguiar's 3 step two weekends ago,then got the windows tinted last Friday. My LGT is looking better than ever!

This is why I do not yet have children - still a little too selfish with time and money.

Assuming the flywheel gets here in time, I'm doing the clutch and flywheel this weekend (wish me luck). So I should be good to go for the 10th.

A friend and I did the clay bar and Meguiar's 3 step two weekends ago,then got the windows tinted last Friday. My LGT is looking better than ever!

Oooh, I've wanted to claybar my car for sometime.. One day. We did my clutch a few weeks back. It went pretty well. The good was that I was smart enough to get WRX style flywheel bolts from the parts counter before we started. The bad... We discovered my shift shaft seal was bad during the evening on Saturday. That really set us back, we had to separate the extension case and wait for the dealer to open to replace the seal... Ended up costing me an additional 2 days!

I ordered the flywheel bolts from Fred Beans along with the flywheel. Picked up the clutch and sleeve kit from a local former LGT owner whose car was wrecked before install.

I've got a back-up transportation plan if I run into any snags that cost me serious time (4th of July weekend and all).

Any other parts or tools you'd recommend that haven't been covered at length in the DIY video and thread?

Sorry this has gone a little off topic.

I ordered the flywheel bolts from Fred Beans along with the flywheel. Picked up the clutch and sleeve kit from a local former LGT owner whose car was wrecked before install.

I've got a back-up transportation plan if I run into any snags that cost me serious time (4th of July weekend and all).

Any other parts or tools you'd recommend that haven't been covered at length in the DIY video and thread?

Sorry this has gone a little off topic.

Eekay will let it go off topic a little, right buddy?

I guess it all depends on which method you use. We dropped my tranny, so the following items were very handy...

* something to mark the drive shaft with - I used a little chrome paint. Just so when it goes back in, its in the same position (relative to the rear diff) as when it came out.

* T70 torx bit (if you plan on changing your gear oil). It can be hard to find, but it seems that autozone carries them (only place I found it local, and I looked everywhere)

* breaker bars.. You will probably need them with the flywheel bolts, and to get loosen up the front axles.

* a couple of the Torx bits for the flywheel bolts. I broke one of them after only removing one flywheel bolt (brand new bad ass, or so I thought, torx bit from sears)

If you want to go into more details w/ my experience, just drop me a PM.

Eekay will let it go off topic a little, right buddy?

Haha. A little off-topic never hurt anyone. It's a reasonable thing to be off-topic about. :)

If you want to go into more details w/ my experience, just drop me a PM.

I've got everything you mentioned lined up minus an extra torx bit for the stock flywheel bolts. Thanks for the advice. :cool:

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Clutch and flywheel swap complete. See you gents on the 10th!

Excellent! See you soon! :)

Haha. I'll bring a camera but my skills are definitely questionable. I usually just bring it in case no one else does. Haha. So, at least we'll have some pictures to upload. :)

Nope. Not I, either. Mainly because I won't be able to go on the cruise. Hopefully the next one though. I'll definitely be at Anthony's at 1 though! Probably earlier, actually. 12:30-ish...

^ Same here, just realized I went on call yesterday for the next three weeks. So i have to be within a half an hour of downtown denver. I'll still make it for the meet though. See you guys tomorrow.

Well, we could be obnoxious and segmented, cruise around Denver. See how quickly we can make the cheeseman loop, go rev our engines at peds on the mall, crowd the fixie-faeries taking up valuable road space...

:lol:

Archived