LegacyGT.com

CO: Monthly "Drive It, Drive It" Meet.

eekay

Haha. I might be able to do a local cruise for a while. I could just take off any time from that. :) I'm in.
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad everyone who made it could! Great seeing you guys as always and we'll definitely do it again soon.

Awesome group of guys you all are. People I'd truly like to hang out with again. And I guess your cars are kind of cool, too. :D

Definitely looking forward to another gathering.

Plus it stayed dry all the way home!

It was great to meet everyone, and I was sorry to have to leave for work before lunch. We should definitely do this again.

Also, since I hit the 500 mile break-in mark of my clutch as I pulled up to the meet, I finally had a chance to floor-it as I left. The good news is that the aluminum flywheel allows the engine to rev very quickly.

The bad news is http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/over-revved-today-and-now-have-tapping-sound-165670.html

Any advice from you locals would be much appreciated. Thanks.

So I saw this thread a couple weeks ago, and haven't really read much of anything it. I have read enough to know there was a meet today. Well, I had a little adventure of my own, and I figured I might as well share!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2046422114789.113653.1071492782&l=72a4d2e388

Yeah, that's right. I still love Mazda :p There were originally 4 people including me. Except once we got up a little past the tree line, some nasty hail started up so one of the guys (the white Speed3 owner in the first pick) went back down because he was running summer tires, and the other person was driving an RX-7 with a recent rebuilt 13B that hasn't been fully broken in yet. So it ended up only being the two cars going all the way to the top of Mount Evans (my tip: It doesn't matter what time of year, ALWAYS have at least a light jacket and parka available, the temp was about 40 at the summit, but the wind was brutal).

So that's my story. Oh, and add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/jkarsh

Sucks to hear about your car Putnam.

Glad everyone who made it could! Great seeing you guys as always and we'll definitely do it again soon.

You and your car were at the same meet. Pretty impressive dude! Well done on putting it together, it was a great time!

Awesome group of guys you all are. People I'd truly like to hang out with again. And I guess your cars are kind of cool, too. :D

Definitely looking forward to another gathering.

Plus it stayed dry all the way home!

I second that! Richard, your car looked fantastic. It's only right that the weather held out on you so you could have that shine another day or two :)

It was great to meet everyone, and I was sorry to have to leave for work before lunch. We should definitely do this again.

Also, since I hit the 500 mile break-in mark of my clutch as I pulled up to the meet, I finally had a chance to floor-it as I left. The good news is that the aluminum flywheel allows the engine to rev very quickly.

The bad news is http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/over-revved-today-and-now-have-tapping-sound-165670.html

Any advice from you locals would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Did you remove the rev limiter, or move it up?

Apparently the limiter was raised to 6900 but that shouldnt have caused whatever haPpened to happen. We will see on wednesday when i get a chance to get in there. Thanks for everyone's concern.

That's totally brutal. Sorry, man! Where are you taking your car to get diagnosed or are you doing it yourself?

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed. I am lucky enough that one of my best friends is a mechanic who owns his own shop. I have been doing all my own work on my car at his shop using his tools, and he helps me out if I get stuck. I'm amazingly lucky to have that resource, so this project will hopefully just take a lot of time, not money. Anyone have a good source for valves, lifters, etc around here?

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed. I am lucky enough that one of my best friends is a mechanic who owns his own shop. I have been doing all my own work on my car at his shop using his tools, and he helps me out if I get stuck. I'm amazingly lucky to have that resource, so this project will hopefully just take a lot of time, not money. Anyone have a good source for valves, lifters, etc around here?

If you're going to be doing the work your self, I think Jon Cooley @ Flatirons Tuning is the guy to talk to. They are up in Boulder @ Flatirons Hyundai, but they have reasonable prices and they are somewhat local.

Troy @ Suba also told me they can source parts from Flatirons, usually in a day, so if you don't want to / can not make it to Boulder, they are worth calling for sure.

Awesome meet it was fun to meet the guys I havent met yet and cool to see the guys Ive met before. Def have my vote on another one of these. Man putnam thats no good at all very sorry to hear that. Maybe this could be a good excuse to build up the motor a little bit ;). Also realized I didnt get any pics of our cars. Was wondering if anyone else snatched some?

Not quite sure yet. There may be something going on that was pre-planned but we're unsure what an acceptable amount of people will be. If that can't happen, we'll plan something else quickly. So, just give us a couple days. :)

Archived