LegacyGT.com

ECUTek Reflash. 280 ft.lbs. 245 whp.

SpankyLGT

Retuned my 05 LGT 5MT LTD. yesterday at GRD Performance. Spent about 4 hours on and off on the Dyno. There are NO MODS whatsoever done to this car other than a facotry boost guage from a WRX.

Base was 211 whp 227 ft.lbs

Reflash only netted 254 whp. and 286 ft. lbs.

Boost was at 16 psi tapering to 10 by redline.

Timing peak was 29-30 deg.

AFRs were 11:1-11.3:1

Dyno was a DynaPack 5000

Temp was 74 deg. (Indoors)

Small house fan was cooling intercooler (Still heatsoaked)

3 turbo fans for Front end.

Dyno sheets will come once I get back to the shop to print them out.

Chris

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Base was 211 whp 227 ft.lbs

Reflash only netted 254 whp. and 286 ft. lbs.

Chris

"Only" netted 254 whp and 286 tq? Only?

First off, either that dyno reads a bit high to begin with OR

your car is a strong runner to begin with OR a combo of BOTH.

211 hp

227 tq

completely stock is about as high as I've seen. Great numbers. Again, unless that dyno typically reads high. We'd have to see what other cars run on that dyno for comparison.

But either way, getting

43 hp and more importantly

59 ft lbs of torque from JUST a reflash is outstanding!!

Your AFR look great too.

Man you're living the high life right now.

Your car must pull like a freight train.

So you know, that's about 10-15 hp more than a stock WRX STI runs.

Nice work to the tuner.

I'll take those numbers with a grain of salt as it is a DynaPack, which reads high, but those are still some very nice numbers. What kind of fuel were you running. I'm assuming at least 93 octane. I just redynoed my car yesterday and it came out exactly the same as when I had it originally flashed. 230hp/252 tq. Baseline was 203hp/220tq IIRC. all on CA 91 octane. The ECU did seem to have leaned out the AFR from the original tune. They now vary between 11.2:1 to about 10.5:1. Still richer to compensate for the lower quality fuel.

Anyways, looks great, love to see what else your car will do with some more mods.

211 for a Legacy and 190 for a WRX are both high for stock pulls so this dyno may read higher than most on average. Regardless of that fact you did do the smart thing and do the baseline pull to compare the new numbers with. 43 hp and 59 trq is off the wall. Absolutely the highest gain I have read anywhere from a reflash to this point.

The fact that the numbers are high is not was he's trying to show you guys. Its the fact that he did a same day dyno from a TUNE ONLY and got an increase of 43hp and 53tq at the wheels. That is SICK! Tuning cars individually is where its at. Just wish I had a tuner closer to me. Great job guys!

Dyna Packs on average read no different than most other Dynos out there when they are all averaged together. Most, and I mean Most, of the Subaru tuners in the country either have a DynaPack 5000, Mustang, or a Dyno Dynamics dyno. And most have a DynaPack. But, on average a DynaPack 5000 reads about that same as most other Dynos. In the middle as far as results are concerned.

I will say that a DynaPack does read a bit higher than both the Dyno Dynamics and the Mustang Dyno. But lower than a DynoJet will. However all of the results I've had on this dyno, with 97 GSX, My 04 WRX, and My LGT, plus countless customer cars, the numbers from the dyno have repeated themselves at the track. And personally that is where I think it matters. Not what Dyno reads more or less, but wheather or not the car puts the times down that the Dyno represents. Starting a post with "I'll take it as a grain of salt cause it's a Dyna Pack" is a pretty bold statement that I hope you can backup.

Remeber a Dyno is just a tool.

IMO, hard numbers are irrelevant for comparisons sake, other than for bragging rights. What's important is the percentage of increase / decrease and the shape of the power curve before and after modifying. This is assuming both baseline and post-modification runs are on the same dyno. These constant discussions of what dyno reads what is beside the point.

I'm a fan of using accelerometers to test before and after. These devices, if they are capable of logging, will give you real world acceleration curves.

YMMV

Bottom line 43hp 53 trq after ECU tune only on the same dyno is just about stage 2 numbers. If this could be duplicated (or even close) on a mail order type tune (like Cobbs AP) I think the ringer on the phone there would burn out.

Spanky,

Second try. Good to hear that Tuan finally got an LGT tuned up. I have been working with him for a while and trying to get my 5EAT on a roller dyno. They have found one and now it is a matter of getting it all scheduled up. The guys at GRD have already installed the UP and crank pulley. I should get my DP from Lachute this week and will likley go full TBE when I can locate a shop. Anyone got a good muffler shop they can recommend ? I live in Oak Park.

Mark

I actually walked in to grd for the first time on saturday afternoon, I believe it was your car they were tuning. I wish I would have stayed around to see it. I was very impressed with the shop. I hope I can get back there soon to get the same work done to my car. I am still trying to grasp the subaru world as I am coming from a stealth where I was a little more crued in my tuning, manual boost controller exhaust and filter. Anyway do you guys ever get together for dyno days or meets, just curious.

Archived