LegacyGT.com

ECUTek Reflash. 280 ft.lbs. 245 whp.

SpankyLGT

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was very impressed untill I saw the Dyno plots. Looks like they hit the boost pretty hard in the low end giving you a nice peaky power curve that will give a great seat of the pants feeling. But the overall curve dont look good at all. I bet if you had pre flash track numbers, the post flash numbers wouldnt be much better.

Wes,

I'm not going to disagree with that statement. As a matter of fact I am still sceptical the car will perform. The one thing that I still notice in this car is no top end whatsoever.

The car is getting a catless downpipe and up-pipe next Saturday. Hopefully with those additions the car will carry a little bit better power up top. We'll all find out soon enough. I will have dyno #s to post any losses/gains.

I will also be hitting the track in a few weeks when it opens up. I may wait to see what the cars runs with just the Reflash before I throw more parts at her.

Im sure tossing the cats will help the top end alot. I am hoping your results are good. Unlike my Talon I am going to watch and learn from all you guys;) I am in the process of forming a stategy for my LGT.. I need to keep it stealthy for the wifes sake though. Good Luck.

But the overall curve dont look good at all.

The curve looks just like the stock one, only more of it. For just a reflash, the numbers are pretty phenomenal. Maybe you're expecting too much? If you're looking for more top end throw an STi turbo on there, but be advised that mod for mod, the LGT's turbo owns the STi's in the midrange. Frankly, I'd rather have the midrange, but that's just me.

I bet if you had pre flash track numbers, the post flash numbers wouldnt be much better.

I disagree. I'll take 50 extra peak wtq every time, especially considering how easy it is to get.

The car is getting a catless downpipe and up-pipe next Saturday. Hopefully with those additions the car will carry a little bit better power up top.

I suspect that will be the case. Usually, less exhaust restriction = better breathing = more top end power.

The curve looks just like the stock one, only more of it. For just a reflash, the numbers are pretty phenomenal. Maybe you're expecting too much? If you're looking for more top end throw an STi turbo on there, but be advised that mod for mod, the LGT's turbo owns the STi's in the midrange. Frankly, I'd rather have the midrange, but that's just me.

I disagree. I'll take 50 extra peak wtq every time, especially considering how easy it is to get.

Your right, I am probably being a bit picky. It is hard to argue with the gains for just a reflash. I just wish the pricetag was a bit better. I am used to Mitsubishi's where I could gain similar results with a few 'free' mods.

I asked ealier, but what kind of fuel was used? I did a little searching and the numbers posted are almost identical to the numbers posted by Godspeed for an AP tuned Stage 2 setup also on a Dynapack. That car baselined about 10hp/tq lower, but that's still a pretty heady result to be almost equal to a Stage 2 car.

HELLO?

"FLYWHEEL" figures are using SAE correction factors for normal conditions at the crank - not the wheels!

I gaurantee you there's no way a stock LGT setup (especially the stock, very restrictive DP/catback) is making 280 ft-lb torque at the wheels.

You are an idiot. The only reason Flywheel is even on there is becuase of the viewer we use to view the raw data from the Dyno. That is not an actual scan of my dyno sheet. It is an image from the raw data from the dyno. I can assure you those are not flywheel #s.

So is there ever going to be any real world feedback? ie 1/4 mile, 1/8, anything. Would be pretty cool to see what it could do. Landshark, if those are crank numbers than they got a pretty weak ride. The basline plots are nowwhere near stock curves. I'll take that bet.

You need to calm the fuck down. No one is talking tough here but you. You posted your results from your tune and mods, and I posted that I personally would not be happy with it and why. If I threw all of those parts and money for tuning and only got 252 hp out of a car that makes 210 average stock I would be furious. What I am merely pointing out is that for the money and parts invested the results sure are not worth it.

You are the one that freaked out here and made false accusations. Not me. Don't get pist at me get pist at your results and work to make them better. You should be making way more power than that. Especially on a DynoJet.

Hey Spanky, your a tough talker sittin there in Shitcago, IL. Any plans to visit SoCal? Better yet, how bout driving your super stock LGT out west for a little showdown? Hell, my Stage 2 only has 250/270 goin on so you should clean my clock good, right?

Jackass, why don't you get a rep from GRD to join up on the forum here and post a bonefide claim that these are truly results at the wheels.

On the way.

Spankster, let's hear from GRD directly. Many tuners post directly here. They should join the club. Hell, once your claims are verified GRD will have em lined up for miles. Why invest a couple thou in mod parts when you can pull those numbers out of the ECU only.

Realize however, based on a reasonable drivetrain loss factor of 20% for an all-wheel drive vehicle, you are making 308 HP & 350 TQ on a stock setup. Do you really believe that Subaru is detuning the stock setup by 30-40% of max. capacity for reasons of longevity?

As for my wasted money, I feel pretty good having come very close to the legitimate claims posted directly by Cobb Tuning. They got 238 HP / 285 TQ on their Stage 2 dyno plot with all their own unnecessary hardware installed.

Realize however, based on a reasonable drivetrain loss factor of 20% for an all-wheel drive vehicle, you are making 308 HP & 350 TQ on a stock setup. Do you really believe that Subaru is detuning the stock setup by 30-40% of max. capacity for reasons of longevity?

Absolutely. The same engine makes 300 hp and 300 ft/lbs. at the crank with a slightly larger turbo and IC on the STI. A Reflash ONLY on an STI nets slightly more torque and 30 more HP at the wheels than what my car did on the same dyno.

Landshark,

Flywheel on the dynapack is the actual torque measured at the Hubs. What you have to compare is the just the before and after of the tune. 35 Hp to the wheel is not an unrealistic number for any reflashed Legacy. That's about the same difference for a stock Sti with a reflash albeit with less midrange torque gain on the STi. Unless you place a motor on engine dyno and than put it back on the car to run on a chassis dyno you can never accurately guess drivetrain loss. Even then its only valid for the that particular engine and chassis dyno, as we all know that every dyno reads differently. What is accurate however is the difference and that is all that is importante.

You can call all the shops with Dynapacks and they'll confirm that those numbers posted by Spanky are at the wheels.

Best regards,

Tuan Nguyen

GRD

Fine. I guess all the Dynapaks should be packed up and shipped back down under. How do they calibrate these things? Is it horsepower or kangaroo power?

Anyone who believes that a retuned stock LGT can make 280 ft-lbs at the wheels (and I mean honest to goodness torque not just a graph) is either very gullible, nieve or ignorant.

Landshark,

The calibration is not important. What is important is the repeatability. I'm gathering that you are arguing about the actual figures from dynapack vs mustang vs dynodynamics vs dynojets. They will all read wheel hp differently, even with in the same manufacturer. What is important and I can't stress this enough is that dyno must be repeatable. I can take a stock car off the dynapack and than put it back on the next day and it will measure about the same torque and horsepower. What might be your- just an example- 250lb/ft at the wheels might be the same as someone elses 270lb/ft at a different location. What is important is what you make stock and what you make after your modifications on the same dyno with all the same variables.

Cheers,

Tuan

Archived