LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

Enkei Raijin's in 18x8.5 +45 - if you're looking by compatibility they won't show for the legacy. Need to put your car as a 2011-2014 WRX.

Thanks. Does that width and offset require fender rolling? I'm modestly lowered on H&Rs/Koni combo. Also, what size tire are you running on those wheels? Sorry, I'm not looking for JDM conversions, but I like those wheels.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a mild drop like that you may be able to get away with a 245/40 without a roll, maybe fine tune with some slight negative camber during an alignment. I run 245/40 on a lower setup (koni/swift) and I rolled all 4 corners with about -1.2 fr & -1.8 rr camber.

A 235/40 tire would be a safer bet if you don't want to chance it.

Much appreciated gents! I'm getting giddy as the parts keep coming in. I think the USDM big booty bumper with the lower section painted black like the sedan helps add to the "aggressiveness". Also think the extended side profile of it helps the "in motion while still" illusion compared to the shortened jdm rear. I need to figure out if I'm going with the STI lip or the Subaru front under spoiler as I always thought the front lacked "aggresiveness" compared to the rear. Rear 3/4 angle is by far my favorite and could stare at it all day.

Love the rain guards! Maybe a slight noise reduction depending on who you ask. I think there was but that could be placebo. Allows you to open the windows about .5"-.75" without rain getting in unless it's coming down sideways.

I concur with the comment on the painted section of the rear bumper adding to the aggressive look. And here I was thinking about experimenting and cutting it out. I guess it would be a "half bumper-cut." I need a new rear bumper anyway, as a family member backed into it some time ago. I just don't want to go JDM. I like the longer look of my USDM, and think it will go great with the Nengun "Liberal" style wing I'm about to purchase.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I like your wheel choice. Which one are these? They look like Enkei's I was looking at on tirerack.

If you can find the Rajins, or any other Enkei your interested in, on Oakos, I would suggest reaching out to them via a PM. They have a relationship with the forum and offer great pricing for wheels with a special discount to forum members.

I just walked out the door with a set of RPF1's 18x8 +35 for $1015. Two gunmetal, two silver.

Food for thought.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Thank you, DoctorDave and Febreze Mee for all the input. I was also looking at the Aodhan DS02s in bronze with a polished lip, but the smallest size they make is 18x8.5 with a +35 offset. That offset is too aggressive and I don't want to roll the fenders.

Thanks again. Sorry for hijacking the thread. I follow it because I really like how the JDM conversions look.

Do you know if the STI/STI replica lips will still bolt up with the Subaru front underspoilers like the one you've got on your bumper? I managed to pick up an under spoiler and an STI lip for the 2.0gt bumper I'll be using and I'm hoping I can use both but haven't been able to confirm it. Seems to be a one or the other.

https://www.subaru.pl/docs/accessories/08MY_LegacyOutback_Accessory.pdf

Not the 2.0 bumper you have but this is what the STI urethane lip looks like crammed onto the painted lip. Not really my thing but there you go

https://www.drive2.com/r/subaru/legacy/479312029115482605/

58166e5s-960.jpg

Not a fan of the STI lip on the under spoiler but I think that's due to the "wings" at each side of the lip. I'm looking more for a flat lip that just adds a subtle accent like this one, even though it still has slight "wings". Just wish I could figure out what that one is. It looks really similar to the 11-14 STI CS-1 style so I picked up a Bayson R to play with.

2.thumb.jpg.fb8c515da3235866a8003811b7585e15.jpg

Edited by DoctorDaveLGT

• 2 weeks later...

Idk know what the exact shipping cost was but I bought a JDM bumper from xt2005bonbon for low $200 shipped via greyhound. I bought a JDM spec b bumper with grill and fogs from the yahoo Japan auctions and the shipping alone was a little over $1.1k.

I'd say $500 shipped with the beam included isn't great but it could certainly be worse.

1.1k :eek: :eek:

Hyea, I about shit a brick when I saw the cost. I figured it would be more then the S402 fenders but I didn't expect damn near double. Had I known that I would have just bought a front clip off eBay and sold the parts I didn't need to recoup some costs.

That's what I get for being "extra" and wanting 2 different JDM bumpers to have them painted at the same time. Oh well, live and learn.

I honestly don't know what it would be for just the bumper. I've always been under the impression that with pearl paints you need to blend/fade into the nearest/connecting body panels for it to "match" and just painting a single body panel by itself will look off from the rest of the car.

A good painter should be able to come close enough on a color match for a bumper off the car if they have your car present. Your plastic bits don't match your metal bits anyway. Any body shop that wants to blend your fenders to your hood or your bumpers to your fender is ripping you off or just plain dumb.

Color match tends to be worse on pearls (three stage), silvers, and reds. If you bring a shop a bumper and don't plan to leave your car, I'd think they are just going to use the color code and spray it. $300 +\- seems reasonable depending on area and paint (two vs three stage).

We use to say to estimate $500 per damaged panel for any repair. It works out to close enough honestly. Most of repair cost is paint work and removing and installing parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, sorry, I'm not talking about paint repairs in general. I'm coming from my perspective of the whole front end conversion and the fact my car isn't Subaru's SWP anymore. The S402 fenders and both bumpers are changing colors and I'm having it blended in because white's are also one of the hardest pearls to paint match and I want the color match to be better than "close enough" for how much money I've put into it.

I'm not saying nicks and scratchs in pearls need to be blended into the next fender.

Yea, sorry, I'm not talking about paint repairs in general. I'm coming from my perspective of the whole front end conversion and the fact my car isn't Subaru's SWP anymore. The S402 fenders and both bumpers are changing colors and I'm having it blended in because white's are also one of the hardest pearls to paint match and I want the color match to be better than "close enough" for how much money I've put into it.

I'm not saying nicks and scratchs in pearls need to be blended into the next fender.

Yea that was more for xtbonbon. I was literally trained to spot repair imperfections so I'm willing to pay extra blend time and things like that. I want my paint closer than most. The spoiler and hood vent have a terrible paint match on my car and it drives me crazy.

Full paint on a fender and you should blend the door on basically any color. I'd say that's pretty standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you dont need blend , because your repainted your car , so you know the variant and the brand of paint , so it will match perfect .

in automotive we blend when we know color are not a perfect match , better to clear adjacent panel than redo the job. i started very young as painter , we will always touch up formula to get close and blending most of time to be safe .

I had my doors blended when I swapped the JDM front clip because of aged SWP that was impossible to perfectly match and they did a really good job. With polarized sunglasses you can easily see that I didn’t have any surrounding panels painted around my JDM rear bumper.