LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang. Look at this one. You get a lot for the money. Too bad one fender is damaged.

Just noticed I never provided a link!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113923899572

And yeah I remember seeing a picture of a bunch of parts you've been collecting.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Also has anyone tried any of these lips as an alternative to the overpriced JDM one?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fits-08-10-Subaru-Legacy-GT-PU-Front-Bumper-Lip-Spoiler-JDM-Bumper-Only/282413811184

I'm not digging the painted lip the Spec B bumper came with.

i have this lip , not sure it came from this seller . will take pics later . i may sell it .

Got this baby going on when the weather gets warmer..

20200208-135553.jpg

Do you know if the STI/STI replica lips will still bolt up with the Subaru front underspoilers like the one you've got on your bumper? I managed to pick up an under spoiler and an STI lip for the 2.0gt bumper I'll be using and I'm hoping I can use both but haven't been able to confirm it. Seems to be a one or the other.

https://www.subaru.pl/docs/accessories/08MY_LegacyOutback_Accessory.pdf

Do you know if the STI/STI replica lips will still bolt up with the Subaru front underspoilers like the one you've got on your bumper? I managed to pick up an under spoiler and an STI lip for the 2.0gt bumper I'll be using and I'm hoping I can use both but haven't been able to confirm it. Seems to be a one or the other.

https://www.subaru.pl/docs/accessories/08MY_LegacyOutback_Accessory.pdf

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it will. The shape of the bumper with this lip on it is very different than the bumper itself so I just don't see how physically it would work, especially because on the STI lip it kind of wraps around the corners in front of the tires.

As a sidenote, how was the shipping on the STI lip? If the genuine thing isn't that expensive to ship I would consider it but if it's too expensive I'd rather have the rep. I had the Rev A-C genuine STI lip on my last car and I didn't think the quality was really any better than a good generic urethane lip. The design on the other hand is really nice though.

Yea, I'm doubtful it will as well and was super close to canceling the order for the STI lip but I figured I'll keep them both to have the option of either. Maybe run the STI lip in the summer and the under spoiler in the winter to not worry about the lip breaking if I get into heavy snow. I really wish I could figure out what this guy did for his lip, very subtle.

10764240565_98af7b6304_k.thumb.jpg.accfb4f5d80d8e34aa728673ed2c4a52.jpg

Shipping is on the steep side at $163 via FedEx international and that was the cheapest option.

[ATTACH]282730[/ATTACH]

i make it work ! :lol:

Hahaha

DoctorDave - if you want to sell that STI lip instead of running it let me know, I was planning to buy the STI rep after I get this thing on probably in March but if you want to sell that one instead I'd be interested depending on price

well , when i find time !

I have a hunch that a lip for the USDM facelift bumper may be easier to fit and be closer to the shape of the front under spoiler.

DoctorDave - if you want to sell that STI lip instead of running it let me know, I was planning to buy the STI rep after I get this thing on probably in March but if you want to sell that one instead I'd be interested depending on price

I'll let you know. As an FYI I did go with the STI lip that is the specifically for the GT part #. There are other part #'s for the 3.0R and STI bumpers and not sure how much variation is actually between the 3 lips.

I have a hunch that a lip for the USDM facelift bumper may be easier to fit and be closer to the shape of the front under spoiler.

I'll let you know. As an FYI I did go with the STI lip that is the specifically for the GT part #. There are other part #'s for the 3.0R and STI bumpers and not sure how much variation is actually between the 3 lips.

Each lip is made specifically for each bumper.

I have a 3.0R Premium bumper and the Spec B bumper, the STI Lip I have will only work on the Spec B bumper. On the 3.0R bumper it’s too wide.